First changes to battle ratings

Hm yes a handful of weapons that could easily be rebalanced/limited in their respective campaigns if DF game a shit have to be responsible for multiple iconic ww2 weapons no longer being usable.

Like MP38, MP40, MG34, M1G, tommy gun etc etc etc

Both were used as long range vehicles - or as a matter of fact every German vehicle after 42 was used preferred as a long range vehicle.

What you don’t realize is that the Tiger had absolutely a worse performing gun compared to the long 7.5 L70 of the Panther. It actually performed at longer ranges BETTER than that of the Tiger.

The biggest difference between both vehicles was basically the production quality of the OG Tiger and the Panther.

Many people are not aware that the Panther had basically the same production cost of a Panzer IV.
It was designed for mass production and the technical quality reliability of the tank is basically a ww2 meme at this point.
I love the fact that the devs correctly showed how terribly slow the reverse speed of the Panther is.

Actually now that I am thinking about it, maybe the devs should nerf the Panther A mobility - it is a lot faster than the Panther G. While in the real world the tank indeed was faster due to having less mass, the Panther A was never driven that fast because of the risk to kill the gearbox. It should actually be slower than the later G version because of the reliability issues.

3 Likes

Again that is true, but the Panther was still supperior in a direct fight.

Or couldn’t just a tnt to the engine deck do the trick too? Essentially turning the tank into an oven if not outright blowing it up?

Wait what? For real?

Yes they used them in Vietnam.

Theres a great alternative for enlisted called the M2 Stinger, it was ripped from aircraft and modified to be used by infantry in the pacific, the RoF is extremely high.

1 Like

I don’t think the T24 machine gun was used in Vietnam, was it? I thought it’s development stopped in 1945 with the end of the war.

You can also do this:

4 Likes

Its new to me that the Fedorov Avtom is iconic.

4 Likes

Ok so the KV-1 is not a strong as most people think it is then

Oh you mean the M60? I’m not sure if those were around in WW2

We really need the stinger as a gold order or something, it’s such a cool weapon

he is talking about the T24 MG

1 Like

No i mean the MG-42 they were used by both sides, you can see quite a few photos of G.I’s holding them aswell as NVA stockpiles along with StG-44s and serveral soviet weapons.

Looked it up, I get it now. It was a prototype that eventually became the M60

1 Like

I don’t think the Game every count any reliability issues, cuz most of the Soviet stuff will be disfunctional or incredibly ineffective to use due cutting corners mass production

The T24 failed due feeding issue the US couldn’t solve it, I mean 7.92x57mm and 7.62x63mm are very different bullet dimensions, also Germans MG require recoil and gas to operate, so it need adjustment to work with US ammo, and unlike 7.62x51mm which the MG1/2, and MG3 can convert to

3 Likes

If reliability was modeled in game, then the Fedorov would finally suck.

4 Likes

anything outside early war germans and US would suck if reliability was modeled

1 Like

Thats nothing compared to the PPSh or PPD later on they switched to the 35rnd magazines due to the fact that the gun kept jamming with the drum mags.

3 Likes

Didn’t happen.

Imgur

Evidence: Soviet soldiers in Berlin with drum ppshs.

1 Like