FG42/II Balancing

Fake recoil stats, real recoil isn’t showed in the game
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/13SXNYOfbfhFHYQ-DTNpLzTDtYdPaz0f-M4W3HyxKcxg/htmlview#
Please refer to this, not the in game stats.

6 Likes

So is real recoil stats used in game, or the fake ones, used in game?

Worse damage, worse dispersion, worse ADS performance, slower ADS speed, more horizontal recoil, movement penalty on every gun.

Refer to the datamine spreadsheets. It’s run by a Helper.

4 Likes

660 is ideal fire rate tbh

1 Like

Honestly is.

I highlighted it despite not mentioning it with the accompanying text.

2 Likes

The info you see in game about the gun are fake, the actual recoil of the weapons you are using in the FPS are in the sheet.

2 Likes

I mean, sure, but I can tell you at least some of it’s bullshit, since M2C is basically useless without recoil upgrade and vertical perk, and this thing has it’s “actual” recoil so low neither of those things would make a significant difference. Where’s all this sourced from?

Better falloff, better vertical recoil (I know most people and standard thinking says horizontal is the killer, but I prefer better vertical recoil tbh). The ADS and sprint speed shit is all just because it’s classed as a machine gun. Is all this a bit moot? Maybe. You’ve got good points, but I still wouldn’t say the FG-42 is better in any meaningful way other than being able to put 9 in a squad. My opinion, and I’m happy to be wrong while maintaining it.

Ah, thank you. I’m still skeptical of it because of my own observations in game, but if it’s run by a forum helper and all legit datamine, it’s not the data that’s to blame. Cheers.

So, this is well known in the community? Why isn’t there more of an uproar about it?

There’s been so many really angry discussions about balance/unbalance that I’d think fake stats giving the illusion of balanced gear would be a much bigger deal and quickly corrected.

USA does indeed have m2 and it’s not bad but…

Would you believe me if I said I downgraded my br 5 riflemen squads from m2, to John semis? Only kept like 2 maximum per squad. In the new maps with very long range (compared to others) m2 feels subpar. Beast in buildings clearing thought.

USA faction excels at storming points in cqc. Maybe it will receive some proto ar like Sovs sooner than later…

2 Likes

I can believe you did it, and even see the reasoning, but why Johnson rifles? I’d go for garands, two extra rounds doesn’t seem worth the longer reload IMO

I was torn, tbh.

I see John and Garands as sidegrades to each others.

The reload speed of John got boosted at some point, thought… almost as fast as Garands, now (which is strange)

But I prefer John as I’ve no trouble counting my shots. I often reload after 5 because I know it will be a very fast 1 clip animation. In room clearing duty in cqc, the additional 2 rounds are much appreciated…

But I’d do just as well with Garands. Sidegrades. Both are great.

Real reason might just be that, my tier 3 preset (USA, Commonwealth use Enfields) is Garands all over. Probably just wanted to make different a bit.

this is one of the reasons for this topic

4 Likes

I guess it hurts more if its the end tech tree stuff that interests you?

Before the fun of using the gear along the way wore off, I found that I had unlocked several other things I hadnt even got around to trying yet. Not to mention I played my favourite campaigns alot, well after finished unlocking everything (Moscow, Stalingrad, Tunisia), when I could have been unlocking the others.

AS I didnt play normandy Allies pre merge much, I had to unlock alot of the vehicles, planes and a few guns. But unlocked them all before I had finished enjoying myself at br 2. only took a couple of weeks.’

I found it in stark contrast to Warthunder high tier where I get bored of a lineup well before I can even unlock 1 of the next line up.

well i had to grind 800k-1mil xp to get tiger II H… another 500-600k to get fg42 II etc. all cause of stupid prerequisites from campaigns that i didnt play. ffs i even had some foldered weapons/vehicles researched, but it didnt count towards mandatory line.

so yeah it is really annoying when i get random shit to research even though things i want are adjacent to the stuff i have researched.

1 Like

Honestly the research isn’t bad, the egregious thing is you have to ALSO purchase them. So you might be looking at nearly 100k silver just to get to what you want, forget the research.

both are pretty bad. iirc when i was grinding normandy axis i needed ~3.5 months to grind it and it was at the time when you needed ~3.5-4 mil xp to max out campaign. that is with 70-80% WR and against bots. if i had same efficiency now as then i would need at least 10-12 months to unlock only mandatory stuff for germany (it is ~10mil xp for mandatory stuff). + whatever time for foldered stuff.
now multiply this with ~3 (estimate for all nations, idk total number, germany is ~10 mil, while japan is ~5mil).

i would rather pay 60$ and have everything available at start, rather than spend years of grinding and unlocking everything.

1 Like

Stats don’t work very correctly, the average value between standard and actual recoil is used in auto firing. So you should not think that avt has recoil 22 and 8, otherwise it is impossible to explain why avt has stronger recoil than fg 42 2.

3 Likes

these vids pretty much show it has lower recoil, the “problem” with the AVT is its recoil dir of 0.2, which creates this recoil pattern
The 0.35 of the 42 II is pretty much the best recoil dir as it always goes to the right, so it’s more predictable
So when you change it to 0.35 for the AVT it’s pretty much identical to the 42 II but with lower vertical

3 Likes

I don’t see any recoil angle in this video, all I see is randoms and a violent shaking of the receiver. The gun fires randomly, the line can be almost vertical, or it can go to the right almost 45 degrees.
I don’t see any low recoil, just random recoil that starts literally from 2 shots.

2 Likes

check fg42 II recoil pattern. it is pretty consistent. AVT doesnt have such consistent recoil pattern and that is what she referred to (i guess lower value=more random horizontal pattern)

Aside from the pattern rejection - the pattern itself is random. It’s not a line like on fg 42 2, it’s a zigzag, which curves differently every time.

A simple pattern deviation can be seen on a 1941 johnson lmg