FG42/II Balancing

Yes.

Because someone with less slots isn’t necessarily less competitive (he will focus with what he have)

But he won’t have as much freedom to play anything, and so, not as much fun :neutral_face:

2 Likes

it’s somewhat there but most people on the forums don’t really play japan

i’ve literally unlocked everything, the japan grind was pretty relaxing in br4 and helped me get through the winter event

2 Likes

I’ve never seen this game as a grind. I have always played it for the fun of it. Sure, I felt that grindset come on when I got close to the next level, but that was it

It’s a grind in the sense that:
“Ooooh, look at that, a tiger2 H! I really want to drive it. Ooof… I’m far from it…”

Many fun stuff are locked behind the grind. Fun tanks, fun planes…

Yes you have earlier versions that are funny… but the difference between a 109g10 and a 109f1 is enormous. G10 is extremely fun.

I’m not talking about the obvious efficiency here, only about the fun it brings to use those :thinking:

4 Likes

Only the m2 carbine has more than 60 rnds, but it is basically an smg

So the M4 Carbine is basically an SMG?

Outside of the BAR and M1919A6 I didn’t really have anything I was really itchin to have

Johnson lmg. accept no substitute. laser.

4 Likes

i love the johnson lmg

2 Likes

I actually haven’t gotten it yet. Didn’t invest much into Pacific

I never felt the grind in unlocking equpment. Even now unlocking stuff is reasonable. I found getting stuff easy and fun.

The grind I found in other areas

• having enough customisation orders to dress “all” my guys (and then having a better system before I acutally use them)
  • Having the silver to max every star (weapon and vehicle) and max stat soldiers. for the ultimate deck
  • FOMO xp

but yeah. It was fun for me…warthunder on the other hannnd…griiiiiiiiiiind

you love the BAR…but the johson is the destroyer of worlds

2 Likes

Johnson lmg?

Wait until cold war happens in Enlisted. Then yanks can get this:
Screenshot_20240205_200816_Samsung Internet
unnamed

Nah, bring da pig

Fg 42 isnt the only bullshit gun. Avs 36 was unreliable, all fedorovs were used in winter war, as 44 was an prototype, rd 44 also an prototype, m2 carbine was not used in normandy, and 50 round drum thompson was unreliable.

4 Likes

Still more M2’s were produced than half that list I’m sure, and drum mags are always screwy. Also loud. Very loud

But they werent used in europe. Every faction has a ton of weird stuff there is no arguing in that.

3 Likes

I love when allied mains have selective historical accuracy. Germans shouldn’t have a gun produced in thousands but somehow allies getting a prototype as progression is justified.

No double standards, people on the forum shouldn’t be so shortsighted.

4 Likes

Pfft what prototype? We don’t have any prototypes in our TT other than the Johnson rifle. Even then that’s where it should be as a contender to the M1 Garand. Not some paratrooper only weapon made so they could have a lightweight gun capable of delivering some decent firepower
The M1903 was mass produced. The M1 Carbine was mass produced. The M1 Garand was mass produced. The M2 Carbine was mass produced/adapted. The BAR was mass produced/adapted. The M1919 was mass produced. The Sherman (all variants except the Jumbo which still saw action) was mass produced. The M1911A1 was mass produced, yeah even our sidearms got the US industry treatment. The Thompson was mass produced. Need I go on? The only thing Germany ever mass produced was Kar98k’s, MG 34/42’s, Panzer III and IV, and World War losses

1 Like

Alright, I’m right there with you, up until I start thinking about if the loads of bullshitium is a problem worth solving.

Thought experiment, lets get rid of anything that can be argued to be bullshit. FG-42, because they didn’t make many/it was only used by paras, AS-44 for sure, RD-44, AVS-36 (because they weren’t used much, unreliable), AVT-40 (they literally beat themselves to pieces when fired), drum mag thompsons (no one was using those magazines after what, dunkirk?), M2 Carbine because it wasn’t used in normandy, MKB-42 because they were all lost in the kholm pocket. What’s left? Russians spamming PPSh, Germans spamming STG-44, and US gets the shaft.

I’d rather restrict automatic weapons to Assualters and Gunners, but that’ll never happen.

No, but it’s not chambered for a pistol cartridge either. The M1/M2 Carbine really is, and in game it’s not so much better at moderate ranges than an SMG to really make a difference. Not an assault rifle, not near as good.

1 Like