Does anyone else (partially) go "rally hunting"?

Hello everyone, I have been recently using a tactic I call rally hunting. Since everyone else is running straight for the capture point and usually captures before me (either that or get destroyed by flanking forces).

It is exactly what it sounds like, hunting for rallies. I don’t do it too often, but usually when going in from the sides of an objective, I hear the rally points and it feels like I’m the only one hunting them down.

Have you ever done this before? Should it be done or is it not worth the risk? Is it useful or just a time waster? Feel free to share your thoughts!

11 Likes

For sure, as soon as i hear the sound, i’m after it!
If you want to be nasty, place a mine on it…

7 Likes

Yup. As soon as I hear that sound, I’m on a mission.

It’s even more fun when you catch a squad spawning as you Rambo the room. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hunt for rallies more than I play the objective. Imo it’s super important to get rid of them.
Sadly sometimes the objective fails before I can even locate enemy rally :confused:

6 Likes

all the time. more often i do it as attacker than defender cause it is easier to flank as attacker. i had numerous games where it was impossible to cap/defend a point without breaking enemy rally points.

that is why i like paratroopers, although i jump on wrong spot often.

4 Likes

There’s nothing more frustrating than to play against good rally point hunter. Especially since for me, building rally points is the most annoying part of game.

5 Likes

Building rally points is number 1 to winning.

Removing them is a close second.

Most games I win arent from getting on cap. Its from destroying the resupply to the cap (which includes killing/delaying the reinforcements far from the objective)

5 Likes

APC-s are annoying to destroy even when you know where they are cause unlike rally points, they still spawn squads when enemy is near them.

5 Likes

yes, sir. That’s the winning strategy.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what some people do to help their team when they don’t want to solely push point

Some people snipe and pretend they’re doing their part
Some people hunt rallies
Some people gray zone camp
I deprive the enemy of nice things (armor support)

1 Like

The best rally is the one in a convenient spot, aka not facing a DANG WALL WITH NO NEARBY OPENING TO HEAD STRAIGHT TO OBJECTIVE, that doesn’t get touched by the enemy

Bad rallies are hunted immediately, are in attics, covered in sandbags, and AP mined

I do it constantly. I’m not a toxic cunt enough to mine them, but I actively seek and destroy them as fast as possible to disrupt the flow of enemy reinforcements.

To find them, simply follow from where enemies suddenly come from, other than the obvious big red arrow. There’s always a rally there.

I also hallucinate rallies radio sounds often… :expressionless:

7 Likes

and then enemy bots immediately shoots you

1 Like

Also some APCs like the Universal carrier and the Sd.Kfz.7 don’t have engine sound and only have suspension clanking noises. You can barely hear them approaching until you’re rolling under their chassis.

1 Like

I think it more of a PTSD effect from hunting rally tbh I got that sometimes too

3 Likes

I thought I was the only one :skull:

2 Likes

Only if the maps wouldnt be so small. Ty building a good rally in quarry map. There are like 3 places to put it

2 Likes

YARN | Hello! Tick-took, tick-tock... | Hook (1991) | Video clips by quotes | b6a34604 | 紗

6 Likes

I do it with a Sherman, see a sus sandbag castle, and a million Germans appear out of thin air. Kaboom, tons of kills and rally down

1 Like

yes

It should be done

very useful, but you need a lot of AP mines and maybe barbed wire

1 Like