Devs please consider removing the Tiger II H and replacing it with something comparable to the Tiger II (P)

Playing as axis is an instant win button at the moment, nearly all the Soviets have stopped playing high BRs.

I told everyone the moment the Tiger II H was added that this would only create problems.

Fact is the long 88 was pretty much the most powerful anti tank gun of the entire war. Yes the Jagdtiger technically had a more powerful gun in general, yet it needing to be loaded by two people - propellant and projectile being a two part reload like the IS2 overall made it still worse compared to the long 88.

The Tiger II P was the perfect compromise, if Germany deserved to have access to the best gun in the war they would sacrifice their armor protection as a trade off.

The current situation is proof that the Tiger II H has too strong armor to be possibly balanced correctly.

I propose either the second Tiger II to be replaced by something like an Elefant Tankdestroyer - which has much less flexibility overall, still comparable armor - with noticable weak spots though.

Or maybe a regular Tiger I “ace” that however has access to special AP ammo.

And if all things fail , there are still the options of a second Tiger II P or a regular unlock Jagdpanther to be added.

Lets face it, the only way to fix the issue without removing the Tiger II H would be to hurt historical accuracy by giving Tanks fantasy stats,

or by opening the box of Pandora by adding prototypes and post war tanks. Why go this road? This will only lead to more problems - especially considering that doing that would potentially only create more BR levels.

5 Likes

Also while being at it, there are alot of good powerful BR4 - BR5 options that could have the power of fixing allied late game vehicles.

Achillies and regular Firefly unlock with a buffed 17 pounder - since that gun is underperforming

Jackson tank destroyer with the Pershings 90mm gun

SU 100 with also a buffed gun - it also seems to be underperforning compared to its stats.

And also maybe something to consider could be late game infantry support vehicles with extra strong HE like a Brummbär, a ISU 152, a AVRE Churchill and such.

2 Likes

The gun isn’t overperforming btw, it just gets the shit uncapped AP round with 173mm pen

90mm from the Pershing can’t pen KT H turret face

Most likely also a dogshit shell

1 Like

Which again means it is underperforming, because the lack of explosive filler shouldn’t matter as much with a super fast velocity gun, there is a reason why the firefly was considered the true only answer to Tigers and Panthers the Allies had.

The damage model of the game in general is too reliant on explosive filler and hitting the ammo rack of a vehicle. Shrapnel is deadly and potent enough to take out a vehicle.

Which Tiger II H? Did you read my post? Tiger II H should be removed

The 17pdr fired slugs, not APHE
There was no explosive filler
What it DOES have is higher Mark slugs that pen far more
And if you want to go into ahistorics there was APDS for the 17pdr at the very end or early post war that went to shit like the Comet Challenger or Black Prince

I never read the first post because idc, its not getting removed that ship has sailed and DF is too pussy to remove things
If it was just the KTP then the current yank things are perfectly fine as is since you can just click its turret with 100mm or more pen

2 Likes

I played as a US infantryman all day today and destroyed many Tiger IIs.
Many Germans are so relieved and caught off guard by the fact that they are riding on Tiger IIs that they can be destroyed with surprising ease with a little ingenuity.
Challenge. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Can we trade in Tiger II H for belt fed MG with 250 rounds or 150 rounds or 100

2 Likes

Only if its an MG-42
34 and 15 are gay

42 is real shit

7 Likes

I partially agree.

I mean, it’s a historical tank, I’m not sure if I want it removed. At the same time, German players use it constantly and make high tier matches extremely sweaty and boring. Germany didn’t have endless amounts of Tiger IIs.

I think the Tiger II has further highlighted the issue with grey zone camping. A Tiger II in the grey is practically impossible to destroy. Which is sad because of how easy it is to fix.

1 Like

You are again not reading my posts, explosive filler was not as important in the real war compared to how important it is in the game

1 Like

No one likes the 15

5 Likes

Yes, I’m skimming very fast, sorry

1 Like

If it wasn’t complete ass when even mounted I’d like it
Mounting should make MGs handle very nicely and remove the dispersion, not multiply it

5 Likes

No one wants to deny you a challange, but pls not at the cost of game balance

having the best tank is germanys specialty in this game. america has the best plane, soviets have the best MGs, japan has the best emperor. without the Kingtiger H there wouldnt be any real balance. also its get easily dealt with by dropping any 250 KG bomb on it and every nation can do that at even low BR.

problem is, that enlisted players dont use any strategy (like flanking, smoking the tiger or god forbid: building rallies to easily avoid his LOS) and dont even keep a constant mark on the tank (emphasis lies on CONSTANT).

the only real improvement the game needs atm regarding OP vehicles is very strong AT guns and non-retarded AA guns. the soviets had AT guns that every tank even today would fear and every nation had proper AA guns, unlike the nonsense we see atm in enlisted.

9 Likes

We all know bipods are cursed so we should just give up on it at this point

3 Likes

Can you stop spamming topics with this first?

100rd MG42 is gonna be a lot less beneficial than the Tiger II. Even if that was how things worked, that would be an utterly stupid trade.

1 Like

I don’t think the emperor can protect you from bullets or bombs or explosives

6 Likes

Or even nukes, in particular.

2 Likes