Danger in the air!

Inb4 both teams call in airstrike at once and the two formations crash into each other mid-air.

1 Like

@1942786 Hi, I posted a bug mentioning that one the the recent mini updates is now causing significant drops in FPS when planes drop bombs or launch rocketsā€¦ I think this has happened before, you fixed it, but now itā€™s back again.

Iā€™m on PS5 but think it might affect other platforms, also with air strikes canā€™t imagine if this wasnā€™t fixed.

I recall it was in Tunisia, then Normandy, but never noticed this in Moscow.

May we get some SPAA like the Wirbelwind?

2 Likes

I love this idea! I canā€™t wait to see how it plays out.

Iā€™d like to see more objectives for aircraft, like attacking artillery positions or ships outside the battle zone to reset or delay the enemies artillery calls

1 Like

As long as the damage Modells of planes are the way they are its a bad idea to implement something like this. There is no way you can shoot those bombers down, when even a P38 takes sometimes more than 3 ammo loads to down.
If this was WarThunder where i could shoot of wingstips and so on fine but this isnt the case here. its just flying bunlers.

3 Likes

I like the idea of calling AI bombers as it will make AA guns and fighters perform their original purpose(especially AA guns). However, I am a bit worried because allowing radio operators to call bombers might make things complicated as few already mentioned(timer issue, etc)
I have a question. Did the fighter pilots call bombers?
Yes ā†’ maybe allow fighter pilots to call them instead? (cool time must be long, and the fighter must meet certain requirements(xp earned by fighter) to call bombers)
No ā†’ Alright, let the radio operators call bombers.

I already always run radio squads for the smoke.

This is just an added bonus, although Iā€™ll have to see how powerful it is before I use it for anything but the smoke.

1 Like

will the ai gunners be an improved version of the one we had a long time ago?

I also run a radio squad but I would prefer more unique abilities like smoke. Such as incendiary mortar strike to deny areas perhaps? More explosive thoughā€¦meh

1 Like

Exactly. I once tested with a P-38 player turned out that 20mm MG151 takes 10000 rounds to shoot down a P-38. A joke even for those who have never played Warthunder

Itā€™s an exciting news for all the fighter plane entousiast.

Finally, the air domination will be different than just ā€œspam bombs and rockets, go to the reload and repeatā€ and fighter will have a purpose.

What a time to be playing! I canā€™t wait to test it.

3 Likes

agree 100%

Great idea, looking forward to new gameplay addition. Now the players planes have more to contend with, i myself get bored flying planes because oftentimes foes dont fly planes, now more things to shoot at, plus the exclusively fighter planes just became more relevant. I think and hope it will be a great addition to the gameplay. Nice!

I think that bombers should only be available to dedicated radio operator squads, and squads that happen to have radio operators in them should stay as they are now, like how only real engineer squads can build AA and AT guns and mg nests but other squads with engineers canā€™t.

3 Likes

good point i agree we already have artillery, mortars, tank he rounds and player controlled planes. Do we really need a radio operator bombing run ?

it honestly seems a bit much sure new content is great however Iā€™m not sure we need more ways to wipe out small portions of the map with explosions.

6 Likes

Guess could help in stalements.

Actually it seems to be quite well thought idea (depending on the availability). I wonder how it will turn out.
I only wonder how big boom will they cause as cap zones and maps arenā€™t big.

so, you all the bomberā€™s defenses guns working?
And doze that mean the pilot have a new role as tail gun.
What is taking so long to give us gameplay features.

Looks like what Iā€™ve been hoping for is finally coming. Most pleasant news.

said it perfectly