Danger in the air!

I can’t lie - this isn’t good. This game has a big enough problem with HE spam already, with artillery, mortars sat in spawn left clicking and tanks in the grey zone. This is pretty much guaranteeing that you’re going to lose players

7 Likes

the devs are working to modify the maps to prevent tanks in the gray area

Depends on its implementation but I too have a bad feeling about it overall. Just seems like it isnt really needed since we all focus on one small capture point anyway. Ill wait and see but I have my doubts

4 Likes

Nope, it depend.
Nearly all of previous realistic, or semi realistic FPS games has the ability to do this kind of stuff.
But many of them success, and use this kind of advanced attacking methods as their selling point.
Only few games, like DOI, come to real HE spam, and failed.

One doubt, when a colleague orders the bombardment, will the rest of the radio operator users have to wait for the bombardment to end to be able to place their artillery orders?

1 Like

Im assuming artillery and bombers are 1 diifferent things as before.

I think it’s the time to bring the “TeamLeader” role back…
Players will then be real toxic about other’s radio call-in causing long CD unable to use him self’s radio.

1 Like

Holy moly… this sounds really interesting! Now, building of AA guns and fighter planes are more important. This is really a nice tactical addition to the game.

Now, we need crounched running! PLEASE!

1 Like

Yep this would be a great addition

I’d really love Darkflow recreate RO2 using Enlisted then…

1 Like

I don’t know, the same with normal artillery sometimes they fight, I think that these are things that are simply impossible to avoid

It’s very normal for games to have different kind/strength of radio call-in.
From Verdun/Tannenber to RO2/RS2, to DOI, to HLL and so on.
But in those games, there’s a central role like Squad leader or Team Leader to manage all call-in to not causing internal mis communication…

This is amazing! Great news, will definitely make the game less repetitive.

But i have 1 concern and something that you must test before release and fix if its not working probably.

The plane models, they must be not broken, or to put it simply the bombers should not be IL2s or a plane that cannot be taken down.

Because if we do the math:
You get the notification that bombers are incoming, you must first lose your squad, spawn in a fighter plane. You already have around 1 min 30 sec left.

then you must intercept them, so flying to them - another 30 sec. You have a minute left before they drop their bombs.

If youre in a plane like BF109F1 - you have 60x 20mm shells. If the models are not fixed and will be able to soak up too much damage, you will just run out of ammo and time trying to shoot them down.

In War Thunder my BF109F1 kills a bomber in a few shots, its wings tear off, it is set on fire. I really hope it will be similar here too, because if they soak up too much damage because the models are bad and dont work, these bombers will be very frustrating.

8 Likes

another question, would that attack have friendly fire? because now it is normal for someone to request an artillery attack at the point and his teammates can pounce on him calmly and with the advantage that the artillery will only affect the defenders and not the attackers, that is, at least if a teammate gets inside from the artillery or bombardment of an ally, it should be incapacitated since if it is invulnerable it would be OP

I’m not very sure about that idea, I’m honest

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up:
@1942786

6 Likes

agree since you most likely also dealing with their planes as well. But on the other hand it comes for both teams

3 Likes

Excellent. Fighter and radio operator squads really needed that.

I’m looking forward to it too

What is the area of effect of such a strike? Bigger than arty?

If so… maybe it would be time to make playable field larger (less grey zone).

I also hope buildings will keep protecting infantry (even if unrealistic) because if those strikes don’t hurt friendlies at all, I see another huge exploit here. But what do I know, eh. 🤷