Danger in the air!

most likely since imo radio squad is fine as it is in terms or power and usefulness

Yeah completely agree. Radio is currently very useful now everyone will run radio squads even more frequently

so youā€™re saying he just hit me with the soonā„¢ stick?

That apparently settles it.

1 Like

Two minutes to reach is too long, two minutes may even have captured/lost two points :upside_down_face:
Also, can artillery and air strikes exist at the same time, like when I or other players calls one, can I call the other? :thinking:

3 Likes

Sound like an interesting option to have for sure. Both for radio operators and fighter pilots.

But since you start giving us such options I need to ask - will we get rocket artillery in The future too? Just imagine hearing the sounds of Katyusha or Nebelwerfer salves in the distance @1942786. Those are too iconic to not include them in any way.

Oh no, my PTSD from before the bomb nerf is coming back!!!
download (35)

10 Likes

Wow, this is brilliant, love it, more good news, am I right to assume we will also get our tail gunners in our own planes, I think Keofox says read news, but perhaps itā€™s a hint in this one, but next news will contain more info on this.

If they give us defence on our planes I will think itā€™s Christmas once again, although we are in Feb!

Just please, donā€™t make them into DP27s floating above the sandbags please.

We have you a lot of suggestions about that topic here. Just use our suggestions, we beg you.

We need:
Maxim for Russians
M1919 for US
MG34/42 on Laffette mount for Germany

1 Like

It does also, raise another question, the current plane damage intake against AA gunsā€¦

But since we donā€™t know the speed or altitude said planes will travel or if all of them have a pointer to aim atā€¦

I m not sure if this will be usable considering the 2 min to be deployed.

@1942786 a marker like current red circle where it will be deployed will apear?

• Will the planes come from the current plane spawns or random direction?

• how huge is the bomb droop area comparing to the current arty squad?

-will it deform the terrain too?
-does that planes counter fight enemy ones with AI machine guns?

• if they come on a pack, every plane destroyed counts as a vehicle down to scoreboard or you need to destroy them all or they donā€™t count at all for xp?

What happen to them once the payload is delivered?
-how far can one notice them on that 2 min deploy?.

9 Likes

two minutes is a lot, it should be 1 minute and 30 seconds and maybe give the engineers the option to build 88 flaks or let us use the 88 flaks that are on the map

4 Likes

On one hand, the 2 minutes cooldown (and, supposedly, the impossibility to call in two airstrike at once) means that very few players will be able to actually call in an airstrike in each match.

But on the other hand, air strikes should not become a constant presence over the battlefield.

2 Likes

Several times more

2 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

They fly away

At once

2 Likes
  • will our planes with back cannons/machine guns work on next patch?

• if I destroy one, I do get xp and vehicle destroyed on scoreboard?

• is there a marker where that bombs will fall like current red circle as artilary?

Will be an cool mechanic and helpful for both fighters (even if they are pretty busy with strafing support), Engineer squads and for Radio squads only i hope to :slight_smile:

Love this idea. Will make fighter planes more relevant as well as Engineer AA guns.

As we are getting ready for a new major patch, let me just say that I hope all the new Tunisia Axis squads are Italian and we continue to get refinement to the uniforms and such. Only thing that should be German from here on out is the Tanks and MG squads.

I burst out laugh when I see Enlisted finally get radio request (AI) bombersā€¦
I had been using this feature for years in lots of other gamesā€¦
So familiarā€¦

1 Like

@1942786
Do we have the ability to control which direction will the AI bomber bombs?

Also have you considered AI Scouting plane?

Also itā€™s time for you to differentiate different radio call-inā€™s cooldown timerā€¦