Concern for the future of this game

Not in the past, not in the present, not in the future

Because ha ha killz

2 Likes

im sure i dont need to explain how hard it is to program a low cost AI that can acount and respond to human player interaction?

they are doing quite well

2 Likes

one of the reasons for roflstomps are high bot percentage in games and playerbase disparity between sides in campaigns. when you get bots and console players on one side and team full of pc players on other, former cant do anything against the latter. at least merge should be significantly reducing bot %.

game was never resembling historical accuracy, not even close. otherwise you would see most of the german soldiers with kar98k, american soldiers with m1 carbine and garand, soviet soldiers with mosin nagant and ppsh41

agreed on this

agreed. one of the biggest problems in tank combat is not inability to penetrate enemy tank (from side), but forcing full frontal fights where one tank is not able to penetrate armor of another tank. and all of this stems from map design and gray zone.

agreed. but problem is that they would need to redesign ~100 maps for bigger objectives. pacific is kinda better there, but it still suffers from map design issues.

idk how you could even doubt this… this is pure arcade game with gimmick of “realistic” tank mechanics.

agreed.

1 Like

That part is… ok-ish.
But they VERY lack in terms of usefullness and 'tactics". Basic comands like “build” or “throw grenade” are still missing despite being suggested 3 years ago.

2 Likes

it was harder to get gold orders and blue card weapons were insanely rare, and event squads were not a thing
now they are out the ass
the game used to have alot more armed with the weapons you have stated, but since all these paper weapons have bloated the games good amount of historic accuracy

the weapons are “mostly” realistic with rifles being able to one hit upto 200-300 meters

1 Like

it would be lovely to have this buttttt the “devs know best”

1 Like

realistic weapons doesnt mean that they arent arcade. ffs same bullets deal different damage depending on if the rifle is bolt action, SA or full auto.
only thing that is somewhat realistic is tank mechanics that somewhat simulate penetration and plane models with their damage, everything else is pure arcade.

they are still more realistic then hll
minis the dispersion

cough cough MGs cough cough

More cherrypicking because I'm in a mood and nobody can stop me
  • hand held 56kg 2cm canon
  • tank MGs dealing as much damage as pistol rounds
  • wunderwafe (like fedorov)
  • primary weapons for flame troopers

Ok, I got bored

2 Likes

yes there are issues, but it still does it better then most

1 Like

they should have had much more streamlined tech tree, but cause the game is f2p and need to implement grind mechanics they added lots of weapons. also sometimes to balance OP weapons that existed in reality/campaign, they either time traveled or they put paper weapons inside.

think that we would have gotten much better game if the game wasnt f2p, but then again it wouldnt have nearly as big as playerbase as it has now, specially considering unfinished state of the game.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what was your criteria? I guess animations and models?

• recoil
  • damage falloff
  • damage radius on bombs

(yes recoil on things like the FG-42 and avt 40 are high but on most other weapons its in a good place)

compared to other shooters i have played for countless hours

This one is weird but ok.

too many games treat bombs as special abilitys
or are entirely useless

I mean, I was never in a military or anything like that but I can imagine that calling in a tactical bomber is kind of a “special ability” that requires some extra steps to execute.

i mean like hard to get and some form of cool down or some other kind of crap

So exactly this. In HLL only “capped” abilities are commander ones like bombers and tanks. And maybe supplies from support class.

the grenades are rather lack luster in hll

Im sure BR will round up most of the favourites to a certain BR.

1 Like