Combat notes: Battle Rating

You can’t have increase in numbers if new players get destroyed by BR3 and abandon the game in the first place.

Oh you can expect a review you can’t delete :wink:
I already have mine prepared

5 Likes

But as a good player, I know that by playing a LOT on ONE faction, I start to find unique tactics and combinations that give an advantage

This goes pretty much to what i said above, remember new players haven’t found that and yet haven’t had the reason to stick around to find that for themselves

1 Like

Now that i think about it, like someone said. i think the better and fastest solution for the Steam release would be making Tier 1 its own MM. And use bots to fill the gaps for the newer players.

1 Like

BR matching seems to be okay up to -2 +2. In the long terms, tiers will continue to be added.

The problem at the moment is the number of players.

Therefore, you need to ensure that equal numbers of players are matched.

And the issue of silver supply and demand comes first.

Except for Japan, each faction has clear strengths and weaknesses, so these must be made up for by the players’ skills.

Rather than matching, I wish premium squad weapons could be used in regular squads.

I also wish that premium equipment squads could be replaced with regular soldiers or that they would have up to the last perk.

2 Likes

If every player in computer games around the world were as honest as all of you. But if for a moment you put on a shirt that says “I am a game developer,” then after a minute you will have to solve the problem of “no one wants to play at 1BR, because you can level up to 2BR and defeat 1BR.” And then “No one wants to switch from top 2BR to 3BR, because they get beaten by 4BR.”
:frowning:

Any computer games. Absolutely any, even Windows chess, are designed to motivate the player to progress. Including facing strong opponents.

Currently, there is a problem with 5BR. They don’t need to progress. If you are a WT player (and many of you are), you remember the attempts to solve a similar problem there. No one wanted 9BR because 10BR would destroy them.

But, I repeat, it would be cool if all players in the world were as honest as you and played with pleasure at 2BR as actively as at 3BR.

I am not convinced that the total population of players affects the matching process.
The problem with matchmakers is that they set up unfair matches like 10 vs 1. I don’t think the total population has much to do with it.
If matchmakers always match an even number of players and let the extra players connect to bot matches, then it doesn’t matter much what the total population of players is.
For example, let’s say at this very moment there are 5 players in the US and 10 players in Germany starting a match.
What the matchmaker should do is to set up one match of US 5 vs Germany 5 +bot based on the US, which has fewer people, and another match of Germany 5 vs bot.
If we base the matches on the one with fewer people, no one will think it’s unfair, no matter how much the total population decreases.
If the total population decreases, the number of bot matches will increase, but that will not change much from the current situation. There will always be faction trends due to unfair matching, and people will stick with the stronger side because they don’t want to be hit one way or the other. For the first 2 years I was in the game 70% of the matches were either bots or one-sided slaughter of a few players or me getting slaughtered. The situation has not changed since the merge was implemented.

By the way, 9000 gold worth of clothes that I have collected by spending gold and tickets have been lost since the merge, when is this bug going to be addressed?
A purchased cosmetic item has disappeared. // Gaijin.net // Issues
You guys should not leave the problem of not being able to use paid content unaddressed. Even if you have addressed many bugs, you should set a high priority and announce to users what the situation is.

4 Likes

And i repeat:

3 Likes

In the video it does say it will first try to match BR1 and BR2 together.

Re BR +/-1 I think most people mean tanks (maybe AT).

Kv-1/Pz4/Churchill is completely oppressive on BR 2 and completely useless at BR5. It puts players in an awkward spot playing vehicles.

Yes, I have already seen the flood of your message in every Russian-speaking forum thread. I believe our players from the international forum can see your attempt at manipulation and will not fall for it.

15 Likes

There it is
This is an Infantry game with combined arms warfare. Not War Thunder. Armor balance is not an end all be all. Shoot using a tank to kill another tank is the LEAST reliable method!

We already have the problem you describe (BR4) so I’m not sure what is your point.

1 Like

Generally, these videos are very good (outside of current BR discussion in the thread)

-Id personally recommend that there is a link ingame to these videos (that opens a browser window) so that new players can easily watch these quick clips and get a easy tutorial information.

-Otherwise Id agree with Paradivision’s point about maybe having tooltip explanations that are more indepth as well.

3 Likes

So you are basically saying there’s no difference between BR1 bolt actions and BR3 semis. No difference between BR3 semis and BR5 full auto rifles?
And what matters more is skill.

I think the vast majority of good players are picking the meta equip.
Unlike the more casual players, who may make their choices based on appearance, etc.

I think there’s “double difference”. Casuals players do play with bad equipment and they don’t have proper equipment. Meanwhile the good players are playing with proper equipment and has good skill.

And from my perspective, it’s these good players that always pile up in one faction for the most part.

While the rest less skillful players stays in the other factions. And when a good player wants to play a different faction than the one that’s popular with the other good players. He has, for the most part, just people on his team that he just can’t rely on.
And what difference does it make if you have those inferior players on your team or the bots?
I think it’s almost none.

And if I want to play BR they are at a distinct disadvantage (because of queue/MM policy) in faction that’s currently unpopular between good players. Like if I wanted to play BR3 and I end up playing against BR5, I just don’t stand a chance. And there’s no difference if rest of my team would be made of casual players or bots.
I would rather play BR3 vs BR3 and had my team full of bots. Rather than play BR3 vs BR5 and had my team full of casuals.

I hope it is understandable.

10 Likes

I will ask my colleagues.

2 Likes

I understand/ agree. Its mostly about how players feel about using their vehicles ( they dont want to feel useless id say).

Also BR 1 vehicles should not be allowed in BR5 period, but thats another day.

They’re not unless you’re purposefully bringing them up there

1 Like

Semi Auto’s are arguably the worst guns in the game
Aaaannnddd while typing this I just realized I had a dream last night where I couldn’t hit a dude 10-15 feet away from me with my Garand because Semo Auto accuracy and recoil are both absolute jokes in this game

upd: can you write to support describing this problem? Instruct my support colleagues to contact me.

1 Like

Someone remembered the video. Thank you, my colleagues and I tried)

4 Likes