Combat notes: Battle Rating

I’m getting a whole lotta Japs myself. Hopefully the new BR V for them will help shake things up a little

Can you confirm that there are BR changes coming in the near future? Or at least shifting some of the weapons/vehicles around?

@Keofox
Can you answer something for me, please? I’m wondering if you think the win rate between factions is balanced or not.

In my opinion, it just isn’t. Why is that? Because for any reason, the better players during certain time period will focus on one given faction while everyone else stays in the other ones.

Which means those battles aren’t fair anyway. And it doesn’t matter if the better players farm bots or casual players.

4 Likes

Minimum: don’t match BR1 with BR3.

Optimal:
BR 1-2
BR 2-3
BR 3-4
BR 4-5

That’s one more queue than now.

We can wait 3 minutes to matchmake.

Otherwise I don’t see how I can explain to my newcomer friends why they are getting destroyed by paratroopers, flamers, MGs and Pz IV J.

6 Likes

Yeah it’s weird how they move like a zombie horde

Whatever gets noted here, i hope at the very least br 1 gets hardlocked for steam release.

At the very least

Let the 20mm, 37mm, 20 round smgs, at rifles, bi planes enjoy themselves for a bit

Low br fun br, saying from warthunder

2 Likes

We are talking about tanks in particular but also guns. Both are superior (i would argue Problem is worse 3 vs 5, but i guess it depends on faction).

However let me expand my logic a little further.

What will happen when you launch steam? You will hopefully be getting loads of new players.

What BR are those players? 1.
So you will have an overproportionate inflow of br1, which will easily enable you to cut out 3 from 1-2 queue. Then you just compress 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 on the remaining playerbase with a small potential bot increase.

5 Likes

i think a great start would be able to prioritize BR3 only matches and make player groups fight other groups. Downtiers and uptiers can still be a thing, for faster queue. What i mean is BR 12/ BR123; BR 3; BR345; BR45.

You don’t even need to add a new que. just have 1/2, 3/4 & 5.

2 Likes

Pfft. Might as well abandon III and just to V only then since there’s no challenge in only ever fighting III’s

I can put it this way: it is possible. But in order to expand the number of queues, we also need an increase in the number of people who will join these queues. Steam and your help in attracting new players will assist us in this regard. Reviews and ratings are also important. In other words, we can achieve this together.

9 Likes

I agree, we all want the game to thrive but what I’m proposing isn’t adding new ques. It’s just shifting the ques we have to the right by 1. Eg BR 1/2, 3/4 and 5.

1 Like

Problem is a catch 22. You need to keep more players to expand, but the new players get rough MM so less interested in staying. (A few protected games vs bots isnt it)

Id bite the bullet and add the extra queue now. I fear it will never be added otherwise

9 Likes

@Keofox

Thanks for taking time to interact, always appreciated.

What about making a flexible matchmaker depending on the concurrent numbers of players?

If there’s a lot players let’s make it 3 queues (1-2; 3-4; 4-5 or whatever). If there’s not a lot of players, just make it 2, like we have today.

Maybe hard to code?

6 Likes

After some thinking I must say that filling with bots may be the only possible way.
Otherweise we just enter a cycle of problems fueling eachother.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been playing this game for quite awhile. I think the BR system is in a pretty good spot with the merge. I like playing BR2. Please add the Cromwell tank right after the Crusader where there’s that space for it.

1 Like

Welcome to the Enlisted side

There is a lot of interesting vehicles and weapons at BR 3. I want to fight T-34 and Shermans with my Panzer IV. Not a coinflip between Stuarts or IS-2. What i really want is a BR 6 but it seems impossible at the moment.

1 Like

Usually, skills in the game, rather than weapons, make the best players. I play a lot of games and consider myself a good player. Is my statement close to the truth?

Regarding your question. I am not a game designer, but I know that they have statistics of wins/losses in different missions, and it usually hovers around 47%/53% or something similar. This is more tied to the mission, but it also speaks about its participants.

But as a good player, I know that by playing a LOT on ONE faction, I start to find unique tactics and combinations that give an advantage. The weapon may be mediocre, but if I take 8 copies of it, add this perk, and shoot while jumping on one leg, it will be very effective.

This is how a favorite nation emerges.

And being a favorite nation like Germany helps its appearance in Enlisted from the very beginning, with immediate access to multiple opponents: allies and the USSR. Variety, I am accustomed to this nation.
The influence of some incredibly broken balance details here is exaggerated.

5 Likes

BR III US has my favorite guns of the war. I love having a coinflip of I-III or III-V (similar to pre Merge Enlisted)

1 Like