Changes suggested after testing the update

Sorry, that’s purely because of my english really isn’t on great level. xD my fault yet again

1 Like

It’s okay. I probably could have worded that better myself! Good discussion overall.

1 Like

They could theoretically also add those into the techtree as unlock with a high inherent BR.

Call these squads assault engineer squad, give them to allies and japanese as well, etc.

Not advocating, just saying there was another path as well.

5 Likes

Ive posted a few times about seperating Engineers into 2 classes. Combat/Assault engineers and Rear Echelon (basically what you said)

could work too

But the Problem would be; they would be just better assaulters. (IMO)

4 Likes

You’re not wrong. Though that should have been thought about:
1.) Before adding that functionality to Stalingrad
2.) Before promising people it would be kept in the merge

9 Likes

I think that’s just Enlisted spaghetti code that let other weapons to slip past rules of Stalingrad campaign, after all everything in this game is held by a couple duct tapes.

3 Likes

It just feels like it does everything a tiny bit better than the rest.
One more bullet.
Fast clip reload
Mannlicher worthy bullet cycling speed…

It’s a very good main battle rifle, and I will absolutely outfit my “Italian battle rating preset” after the war thunder conversion finally comes.

Truly hope bolt actions won’t have silly battle ratings all over the spectrum…

5 Likes

Indeed, pretty much the fastest at everything, an extra bullet and clear iron sights.

The Italian gear is no slouch, contenders for best in slot (at different BRS) rifles, smgs, snipers, planes and now semi autos (Bredas)

2 Likes

Swagger
Based and freedom pilled

2 Likes

As a player I would like to keep mkb the same way I kept fg42 fg42 2, avs and avt.

Not stgs and smgs. But mkb only.

But I understand why isn’t the right think to have, or I would run mkb as I do on stalin all day long coz it’s a beauty of a gun

At the end of the day, we will find the next thing, or the best for personal taste. At the end of the day nothing really changes on my loadouts besides 2 eng squads and a few eng. That can easly be equiped with a gun as good, if not better.

4 Likes

My enemies should be happy and thankful that i’ve picked up mkb42(h) instead G43 Kurz, FG 42 II or brand new Breda CR since i’m at the disadvantage while he could exploit my weakness (way less dmg per hit, worse close and mid range dps) and kill me.

Spoiler

PS people don’t even know about this
enlisted_0WbPe2Jjie
just pick other assaulter type and give them 2nd weapon slot instead backpack.

1 Like

After the merge I’ll have like a 100 German squads. Will be such a pain to get all my equipment out when I will redo my line up.
They really need a button at the squad selection screen to “un-equip squad” which takes out all equipment.

A sort button is great but will have to still go through ALL the squads one by one… :frowning:

3 Likes

I don’t actually want it nerfed, I’m kinda using it as an analogy. I’m pretty much getting at the same thing you said, there are many op squads out there for sale so if they’re gonna nerf the Stalingrad engineers why have all these premium squads available, also a side note i keep seeing people say “well engineers shouldn’t have an assault rifle they’re not assaulters” they fail to realize nearly every premium squad has an engineer with a non engineer weapon

1 Like

its not bad i think its better than the stg44 for engaging at longer ranges

Yep only very old squads don’t have engs with the same weapon as the premium troopers, Chauchat squad can only have engineer with rifle (svt-38 is the best weapon they can carry)

1 Like

If I can add my thoughts in: Why not slap them at the end of the assulter tree? Could be fun to see specialized classes appear.

Such as normal engineers which we see in game atm

assult engineers: Can only build ammo points, Maybe Basic defense sandbags, And maybe AT mines or such? Worst case just make em build ammo and that be their only buildable.

No rallies, No MGs,

Boom: You have assult engineers, Which wouldn’t break the game over all and still mean engineers have a major job.

1 Like

Haha. Pretty much same wavelengths

I had proposed combat engineers be more about deconstruction or obsticle removal. No rallys or other such but could build timed satchel charges/bangalores for big boom.

Someone else suggest this could be the long unused veteran upgrade for assaulters or engineers

1 Like

I do agree there, It would be a unique class, And if we ever get the ability to blow up buildings and such in maps, They could be a perfect class for stuff like that.

Assulters could get an elite upgrade to become more like commandos or something.

Rifleman could get an upgrade to something like partisans? not quite sure.

Engineers could become assult engineers if upgraded to that, Which as said loses the ability to build rallies, Get’s more explosive buildings and maybe still ammo points just to make them semi useful over all to team mates.

Motarmen could be able to spawn in with arty instead, Firing a few heavy arty guns into the battlefield before despawning.

Radiomen: Their arty gains more power, Heavy bomber runs with stuff like High Alt B-17s come in.

tanker: Ace tanker, Slightly improves his abilities in the tank, repair speed, and the likes, Gains the ability to carry semi automatic rifles.

Snipers: Gain slightly better skills at sniping? Idk weird class to think of upgrades for.

Pilots: Ace pilots, Better at finding targets, Better over all, Maybe get’s the ability to know where their bombs will land or something?

AT gunners: Gains the ability to build a heavy anti tank gun, As long as an engineer is in their squad.

Machine Gunner: More ammo, Better recoil, And over all makes them slightly stronger, Or turns them into assult MGs making them be able to move faster with LMGs and handle the recoil but are super weak.

Medic: Loses the ability to carry a main gun, BUT! Gains a specialized medical chest that refills medics needles, Also boosts said needles to heal more, And maybe offer a bit of a slow regain of health.

OR

Loses the ability to carry a main gun, Gains way more needles, Is faster then every other class, Can build a medical post with the aid of an engineer in their squad, Medical post boosts anyone who uses it, Giving them sightly more HP if they have Vitality, Barely just enough to survive a chest shot from a bolt action if even that, or giving them Vitality if they don’t have it, But it degrades over time until they return back to normal.

1 Like

I have a question about the Black Sea Navy marines(Stalingrad) premium squad is that gonna stay the same for the enginner ? The whole squad is using PPSh-41.

Why not make it so that all German engineers can carry MKBs because didn’t the german engineers carry automatic weapons in ww2?