Change campaigns to numbers (BR)

from test it seemed like hard rule and not soft rule.

Test server is always subject to change and not definitive.

Obviously, we all saw it’s definitely far from ideal. But I think my idea could work.

but you still involved BR in your idea which currently isnt included. this is how originally it was supposed to work (more or less), but they changed it to this campaign focused MM where you could get specific campaign and not multiple ones.

That’s not really true. If the idea they did was properly balanced, BRs would still be a thing. Just not visible at first glance, not official.

Campaigns were BRs. And some of them should share the same number.

And until we’ll get more campaigns, there’s no other solution than to make some of them 2x for two different BR bracket.
Otherwise balance will be pretty poor.

It’s good idea to make BRs “visible” but the current concept still stay as it is.

i know what you want to say, but it is different cause of selection of campaign. with e.g. early BR you could have multiple campaigns and you would be put in relatively balanced match with other early BR players, but with multiple campaigns you have multiple BR in that spread so you could be put in high BR match with early mid BR.

also i am talking about speccing your loadouts so you only end up on 1 campaign so game would then need to run 6 separate queues which would basically mean you havent gotten rid of extra queues that will fill matches with bots.

The spread shouldn’t be so huge it would ruin balance

Or just completely get rid of spread between campaigns. Making them effectively all on same BR.
But this would eventually end up on creating meta on every BR. Which would be pretty uninteresting and meh.

well prewar kar98k, mas-36, sd.kfz.234/2, pz3 j1, pz3n, pz4 f1, pz4 H, panther A and G are for 4 campaigns, vg2, pz4 f2, pz4 G are for 5 campaigns.

i know this is viable for a change, but just look at the difference you can be put in if you make some multi campaign squad based on this. sd.kfz.234/2 in same match as panther G? bolties vs full auto rifles?

I really do not take this as reference point.

I think this shouldn’t be even possible Since 5 campaigns means basically all BRs.
They did decision they will balance equipment via maps. And then introduce strong equipment which can be used in all campaigns? Doesn’t really make sense.

It’s obvious, lower BR equipment will always be possible to take on higher BR. Meaning you could be able to do sich bizarre things like equip your Pz II crew with mp717 and end up on street of berlin. But that’s your decision for which you’ll be punished. Since everyone around you will be using way stronger tanks.

But letting obviously strong thing to be in newbie maps is just bad balance. There’s no legit logic behind it. Since you’ll be always take worse equipment to higher BR maps if you are willing to do so.

and yet we have that in test server.

and i agree with that. but not with wide spread that is currently implemented in test server

also problem is that if you narrow down the equipment more you will basically have individual campaigns…

I was always saying the idea on test server is good, but the implementation is terrible. I haven’t changed my opinion since then.

I do not agree with it as well.

1 Like

idk if you can get good implementation with that idea. you either have wide approach to equipment giving you equipment unbalanced matches with more humans and less playerbase difference between sides, or you have relatively narrow approach giving you specific equipment locked behind certain campaigns which in turn gives you current campaign MM just with more balanced weapons but unbalanced playerbase between campaigns and sides.

That’s all just speculation imo. It needs to be further tested.

Less complicated and easier solution

I’d like numbers relating to weapon balance, hard limits so 5 cannot match with anyone below 4, and for maps to have nothing to do with BR rating.

Yeah. Unfortunately somethin has to give way. And if it really comes down to it…I think Id prefer control over what Power level I play over RNG getting thrown into Berlin with a panzer III or normandy with only bolt actions.

would have to suck up having alot of bots.

Because If the match making sucks, just to fill it with humans…no new blood is going to hang around anyway.

At the very least Id hard lock P M S T from N B

1 Like

i am talking about full low level BR match in berlin, not to be thrown into high level BR match with low level BR gear in berlin.
if problem is getting uptiered then they could lock the BR tiers (similar to test server campaigns, but without map lock). i would rather that map/campaign is decided by vote (or veto) or even RNG than by getting it locked to specific weapons.

Terrible solution, I would completely quit the hame and never played it again.

well it is terrible solution to have equipment that was present in rest of the war locked behind only certain campaigns.

but i would like to have some kind of veto process. like absolutely dont put me in this campaign/mode no matter how much time i wait in queue and/or these campaigns/modes/maps are not preferable but i will play them if get them

How is that the same thing though? With the current system allows for late war weapons (Mosin M44, MP3008, etc.) to be on Moscow, not Berlin. Adding a Berlin on top of the map preference idea (which after adding BR, could simply be used to show which weapons should not be in which campaigns), will allow new players to use these weapons and play on Berlin maps without hating life due to facing massively stronger weapons. The current system doesn’t take in account how far along the squad is upgraded (# of members, grenades, mines, or equipment overall).

TLDR

For soviets:
Moscow is BR1
Stalingrad is BR2
Berlin is BR3

Now we should make weapons so that weakest ones are in BR1 and strongest ones are in BR3. Then move things around to they make more historical sense (like no VG1-5 in moscow).
This way we achieve basically a BR based match maker with more or less historical equipment. Hurray.

Is it ideal? No. But imo it’s a good compromise between pure balance and a ww2 feeling.