Buff the FG42 II and AVT-40

Yes, but then you would have to make a magical spike in damage for BR3 semis.
I know there are many “magical” things like that in the game already but I still don’t like this.

Personally I’m against making weapon classes obsolete. Individual guns? Ok. But not the whole class.
Like, imagine SMGs being replaced by ARs being replaced by MGs. Does it make sense? Kind of?

Why decrease weapon diversity? One of enlisted strengths is the amount of weapons. I don’t understand why we should artificially limit by powercreep.

I guess? But then BR1-2 become an issue unless we lock them but that will create yet another issue of power spike.

In situation of BR1-2 being locked I dont see this as issue of anykind.
In this situation BR3 would always be uptiered.
And even if the few BR2 semis would get the same dmg they could be nerfed in other ways and tbh they are quite useless atm anyway.

That kind of is how the progress works, theres no reason to use mp40 if you can use stg44.
Currently the SA rifles are quite meh infact in current terms id take the BA over SA.

Due to somewhat casual nature of the game im quite sure the BA’s wont magically just disappear.
Sure, buffing SA would make it obviously a better choice compared to BA but thats just progress.

should have been locked from the day 1.

i agree i play a lot of BR3 and it would only be fair if you locked BR1-2 to lock BR3-4

That and if the terrible semi rifle dispersion debuff didn’t exist.

1 Like

what? Where to reduce it? Make the recoil negative? It has no recoil.

If you just read the stats, FG-42 has twice the (vertical) recoil of T20 and three time the recoil of Hei…

Yes FG is strong, but T20 and Hei auto are just prime examples of power creep in a game.

Bubnov drum should stay GO only, it’s too specific looking.

They should instead rework Federov and make it into SF Rifle. As it is currently closer to Type Hei auto than to any other AR.

And AVT should be put into folder with AVS.

1 Like

stats literally lies. This is just one of the parameters. In the game, FG-42 II has no recoil. I draw your attention to the number “II”.

Well yeah exactly, in game stats are lying but Euthymia’s spreadsheet does not. FG-42 II has 44 actual vertical recoil, T20 has 18 and Hei auto has 13. Even AVT has only 22. This is just maths.

2 Likes

it’s just one number. It’s part of a formula you don’t know and don’t use. In the game, there’s no difference between them. That’s a fact.

Ok
But can someone explain me why nerfing FS is not an option? I won’t argue for it, I just want to know what is so bad about it ppl don’t even concider it.

Thanks Joe.
We all have strong feelings about these guns thus it’s hard to be impartial.
It’s very reassuring to see other veterans that enjoy all factions agree with me.

1 Like

data in table for type hei AR are from stock values, while all others are all max values…

Really? That is super odd, I copied the data directly from @Euthymia07 's datamined spreadsheet.

I usually don’t use SF a lot. For Germany, only my mortars have some, because they are paratroopers. Rest use g43.

My Sovs use a bit more avt is true… but I use em as semis.

But. I see nothing wrong with balancing weapons between factions. You’re not at all asking for one faction to be stronger, unlike the common “boos”, but for all to be on equal standing…

I can’t be against it :thinking: Your suggestion is reasonable.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Not talking about my Kurz(s) here!!! Regular old g43 semis. I really enjoy using them :slight_smile:

I know, Gewehr 43 is a great weapon, I carry them too. Its only flaw is the lack of bayonet but I personally consider it to be the finest semi-auto rifle.

G41 has bayonet and imo it’s a comparable weapon. At least I didn’t notice anything significantly worse (for me).

1 Like

Fun fact, g41 is more accurate in game than g43 :sweat_smile:

1 Like