Broken and inconsistent rally points

On some maps its less than 40 meters from the objective, others its almost 80. Worse is that on some maps the defender can build spawn beacons ON TOP OF THE OBJECTIVE making it nearly impossible to capture, like the hangar objective on destruction on Gavuvu airfield.

Why can defenders have mobile and buildable spawns so close to the objective to begin with? Its idiotic and coupled with abysmal amount of spawns the attackers get for taking an objective it makes attacking unbalanced as hell. Most maps are awfully balanced to begin with but letting defenders spawn immediately behind objectives makes many of them near unplayable.

The introduction of APCs has made this problem way worse since they don’t even have the “active battle” limit that prevents spawning on them and the “too close to objective” range is way too short to compensate for it.

Before spending more time on the hopeless endeavor to fix the maps, maybe address the root cause of the problem and why maps are so unbalanced to begin with?

2 Likes

The bug that bothers me the most with rally points is the following: if I build a rally and an ally from my team builds a rally next to me right after me, the first rally built disappears from the selection at the spawn and you can only spawn at the next one

No, that’s not how it works. You’ll be spawning on both rally points depending on which one is free atm.

There’s just one icon because 2 icons would make UI unnecessarily messy.

3 Likes

You can also build rally in the 3rd floor of berlin villa or on the balcony

2 Likes

Well, sizes of objectives are inconsistent as well.

1 Like

Oh yeah that also REALLY bothers me big time.

If one would ask me, unified Rally distances should be a priority for balance changes.

100m distance from the center of the capzones should be the norm, while also increasing the areas of the capzones - that would indirectly buff longer range weapons even on close range maps and stop vehicles from spamming HE against the same wall, clearing the entire zone with each shot.

impossible, just look at D-day map, the spawn point is closer to the objective than that.

Yeah, for rallies the distance to the objective should be measured exclusively horizontally as on an x-axis rather than by the distance there from anywhere at all.

1 Like

you have to wait over a half or 1 year if they fix anything. They don´t answer / fixing or get the players any information for the future.
The german community can count on 2 hands :smiley:

• veterans return for 2 games and end up in saltyness.
      explosiv spam since 1 year with ap mines spam / charge bug and ghost patches with sounds for weapons.
    • patches you never wanted like repair from inside.
    • a disaster money grab start on steam
    • greyzone cuddle rocker in every match
    • charging bug / explosiv package in hands after switching the soldier.

Thats not really better or good.
If i build the second one i get xp all the time and if i’m the first i get nothing i tested it alooot