British and Italian Rocket Radio Operators

First let me start off by saying that I firmly believe MECHANICS should not be restricted to premium or even Event squads. I believe rocket artillery should be added for all radio operators. Perhaps it could be an upgrade in their research tree. I hope in the future one day this is rectified

But for now I will say that it was neat for us to receive 4 new Event squads of Rocket Radio Operators for all factions. However two factions were overlooked, Britain and Italy, which have a long history of being shafted in this game opposed to America and Germany

Britain and Italy may not be their own independent factions yet, but that doesn’t mean they should constantly be kicked to the curb in the shadow of the US and Germany and treated with disrespect.

Give Britain and Italy Event Rocket Radio Operators (fully customizable like the current event squads). They could be added as free gifts or perhaps added as an addendum to the current Rocket Radio Event.

Britain like the other great powers developed and used rocket artillery too

Italy may have never developed their own rocket artillery but it stands to reason that they would’ve been supported by German artillery, and probably ended up in the hands of Italians especially in the Northern Italy campaign

It goes without saying that Britain was a major power during WW2 and Italy, although not major, was still a complicated ally to Germany; but both should stop being treated like second class countries. Sometimes you want to play as a British or Italian

5 Likes

I hope Italy and Britain get more attention in future, though I am very happy with 4 event squads in 1 event.

I agree that all radio squads should get rocket arty, but at the very least they could give it to the other premium radio squads.

5 Likes

And reason why? It’s just gimmick feature to make those few squads a little more unique.

2 Likes

I just don’t think mechanics should be locked and should be freely available, simple as. I have a general overall principle with many things in this game. It’s just like I don’t like that they made the Chi-Ha and Chi-Ha Kai Japan’s STANDARD ISSUE tanks Premium and event (which I think they should change as well)

I believe the sole point of Premiums and events is to have unique weapons and vehicles, but not mechanics. It’s like when the Early MG42 squad was added HMGs were introduced as well. Imagine if the whole mechanic was locked off to those squads alone. They did the ideal solution. Premium MG squads automatically have that ability unlocked while regular MG squads can upgrade. That a way a new mechanic to the game is cemented into “the family” of gameplay.

Imagine if they finally add Flak Cannons into the game BUT they are only available for 2 squads. The whole mechanic would go to waste and collect dust. It would be a meme gimmick. Flak Cannons should be the AT squad’s unique building

Each new mechanic or feature that gets put in game is like spice being added to a recipe or ingredients to add more dynamics to gameplay.

There have been other ideas for more Radio Operator call-ins so there is variety to the class as well as their ability to support the team. I’ve suggested many and (it goes without saying) my mentality is lets add X and Y element to the game. Imagine if they add Recon Planes BUT uh oh just 2 squads have the ability, what’s the point.

Of coarse I do have a different idea for how I think Rocket Artillery should be balanced to make it more interesting and to have pros/cons for choosing it over artillery so choices are more dynamic, but that is an issue for another day.

I also believe there should be Research Paratroopers as well

Like I said I do think rocket artillery should be available for all radios, regular, premium, event; but if for now it is going to be tied to special squads then I think at least we should get a British and Italian squad. For now………

1 Like

It would’ve been perfect to give the Turner SMLE for a Canadian UK squad. I feel Premium squads and their weapons should be thematic.

I always hold out hope for many things. Perhaps they could give us a new squad.

1 Like

Listen, I know this sounds unpopular but believe me:
Devs are really working hard to, let’s say, please the community. I witness it every single day. We listen to the community and yes, even me, I wish sometimes something could be a little bit more faster. The decision of what can, could and will be implemented is heavily influenced by the community.
At the end of the day, Devs are going home and live and restart the next day.
Sometimes things in this game sound so simple to add or fast to do. Believe me you don’t know how much work and effort they put in to fix bugs, yet please the community. Have that always in mind.

3 Likes