Bringing Features to All Campaigns

Yes.

I’d even go as far as limiting the air strike to ONCE PER PLAYER per battle. There’s no need to spam this ability, instead I’d prefer seeing players using the dedicated radio op squad to spam smoke barrages. Regular arty could also be limited the way you suggest, for example 3 per squad, after which “stop camping, get your a** in here and help cap!”

If ppl complain it’s too restricting (there’s always some of those) devs could create a radio op perk giving more “arty resources” (lack of a better word) that could allow one more regular arty strike…

But there’s really NO reason to let ppl spam map wide air strikes all match, even after a 2 or 3 minute count.

Unless…

Unless we’d finally have much BIGGER playing fields!!! Righ, DF? With more ppl per match? C’mon be cool…

2 Likes

Actually a good idea. But to make things simplier: 3 killstreak with radioman you get artillery strike, 5 to airstrike and if you die you lose your progress.

Anyway please don’t bring airstrikes to old campaigns.

This would be great and a MUCH better solution than nerfing more aspects of gameplay

2 Likes

I dont know if we have sufficient hamster

I’ve seen matches with 50 guys that worked well!

… granted it was lone wolf…

1 Like

Rn servers sometimes cant handle 10vs10

Yes…BETTER servers are needed

I really think that the TNT needs a little more adjustment. Primarily in the fact you can only activate them one at a time, and only if that character is still alive. What I would very much like to see implemented is the ability to set the triggers down as a “placeable” object. The TNT itself would still place the same way it does now, but with the trigger in hand you get the option to set it down either set it down somewhere or if one is already set down nearby, it can connect directly to that trigger as well.

This type of application could help in a lot more scenarios:
Setting up defenses with premade fallback points and setting up a TNT pack for each.
The ability to detonate multiple at once, giving the power to clean a whole ridgeline, street, trench, etc in one go as a “break glass in case of emergency” option.
Setting up ambushes that its unclear the EXACT path they will take, so a couple extras placed nearby gives it full effect.

Ultimately, it would give an option to players to play more strategically than just reactionary.

Secondly: regarding the bombing runs, two major concerns.

1. Please have viable Anti-Aircraft options. When we tried to counter them in Pacific, we threw AA fire from turrets, tanks, and fighters at them to very little effect. Perhaps also adding in a longer timer according to how many were shot down would help too.
  2. Calling in an airstrike like this should pop up a prompt that shows the suggested bombing run and a timer for like 10-15 seconds to teammates. They have the option to go in and vote NO on the bombing run, and if enough vote no, it is canceled. My reason for this is an issue that we ran into countless times on Pacific where someone would send a pretty random airstrike that stops all other artillery while it is coming in. In the time that it takes it often did little to nothing upon hitting, and because of one person being greedy or generally unintelligent with it, we quickly got overran and the whole team lost.

My point being is there needs to be added mechanics to it.

1 Like