Bring Back the Axis Commander Portraits Back

What Happened? What is Going on?

Both Portrait of Erwin Rommel, a German field marshal, and Yamamoto Irosoku, a Japanese Naval Marshal Admiral, has been quietly removed without notice. Just like Before, When they Removed Panther A “R02” From the game.

Were they Guilty War Criminals?

Definitely Not.

Neither of Them both was a War Criminal, and haven’t sympathized with their “Leader’s” Ideologies. They Were just Soldiers, Who fought for their Country as they should.

Erwin Rommel

enlisted-20220929-132705-0007-psUL3QoN

Erwin Rommel was a soldier who fought in both World War I and World War II. He was an officer from a commoner background, and did his best only as a soldier. He was later implicated in the attempted assassination of Hitler and forced to commit suicide.

He didn’t defend Nazi ideology unlike some of the SS and some of the generals, but rather looked very negatively at the crimes of the German leadership.

He was mostly against Politics, Unnecessary deaths and War crimes. He even once said :

“Justice is the indispensable foundation of a nation. Unfortunately, the higher-ups are not clean. The slaughterings are grave sins.”

Yamamoto Isoroku

enlisted-20220929-132651-0008-ONrxAV8G

Isoroku Yamamoto was an Imperial Japanese Navy admiral and commander of the Imperial Japanese Navy’s Combined Fleet. He commanded the Battle of Midway, the Battle of Guadalcanal, and several other naval/air battles. He hasn’t been involved in any war crimes, even though he was a very high-ranking general of the Japanese Navy. He was killed in 1943 when his G4M was shot down by a P-38 while inspecting the island of Bougainville.

He is still highly regarded as a master of aircraft carrier tactics, which pioneered modern aircraft carrier operation methods for the first time.

Are they Illegal to be used?

Definitely not, Even in Russia. I’ve even checked the Law Against Rehabilitation of Nazism.

The law introduced Article 354.1 to the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, making it a criminal offense “to deny facts recognized by the international military tribunal that judged and punished the major war criminals of the European Axis countries [this refers to the Nuremberg trials], to approve of the crimes this tribunal judged, and to spread intentionally false information about the Soviet Union’s activities during World War II”

According to Article 354.1, To Deny Facts or To Advertise The Criminals who were recognized by the Nuremberg Trial is illegal.

But both Yamamoto Isoroku and Erwin Rommel Have NEVER been Recognized or Reported as War Criminal. It was by both Their Death before end of war, and Their innocence.

They both were just Soldiers who Served for their country, and tried best in their state. They weren’t involved in any War Crimes, and could be used Legaly, unlike the LSSAH marking on “Panther A No. R02”

Rommel, For Example, Even his book “Infantary Attack” has been selected as one of the recommended books list of Combined Arms Academy of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (Commonly known as Frunze Military Academy) and United States Military Academy (Usually known as “West Point”).

Why have you removed those Portraits?

There is no reason for this, this is Ridiculous and Un-understandable. Despite it being Completely Legal, Devs have Removed those Portraits. Even without any Notice or News.

In the case of Panther, it can be understood that the SS symbol is illegal in Russia.
But this situation is beyond anyone’s comprehension. Why did you delete the portrait that was Completely Legal?

@ChuchaDrucha @1942786 Please, Could you Please Answer and Bring those back?

Unlike Panther, Those Portrait has No other Legal Issues. It Could be added without Fuss. Why are you already afraid of a problem that even can’t exist?

66 Likes

enabling soft cocked cowards that cant face history is how we repeat history
to censor "war criminals " is to support them by saying it did not happen
history is history it happen and no matter how much you try and past over it the less you care about history

such things were apart of history and thus belong in a world war two game, unless this is not a ww2 game at all and is infact your distorted idea on how ww2 happen

15 Likes

Well Actually Both Rommel and Yamamoto weren’t even War crimales. They both haven’t been involved in any kind of War Crimes, Including Jew Genocides and Chinese Massacares. They were just Soldiers, Who Carried out their Duty as a Soldier.

9 Likes

end of the day, the devs would be the kind of people to enable such things

1 Like

To be honest, I didn’t see many people protesting Yamamoto or Rommel’s portrait this time

It looks more like the game developer’s own initiative

They seem more neurotic than ever

14 Likes

I agree with you.
If they are taboo just because they are Axis generals, then ww2 games should be banned too.

16 Likes

nobody complained, so if they could have had a problem distributing them and they preferred not to put them, in that case they would have told us that it would be corrected, but since it is not then it is probably something bigger (such as a family member or something similar prefer do not put the image)

I also agree with you.
Anyone interested in WW2 or military history is aware that they are soldiers who fought in World War II and are not war criminals.
If anyone uncomfortable with this, I think it’s contradictory to play this game

8 Likes

They never had. Panther was, and Tsuji Masanobu was. They never noticed or announced to us before it, Never have had.

2 Likes

sorry, bad english, i wanna say wouldn’t

2 Likes

Ah ok

Why didn’t the Darkflow even noticed this beforehanb?

I can’t understand this

7 Likes

maybe there was some internal problem in the company and they couldn’t carry it out

I don’t think so, If it is they should have had removed Battlepass Hero Soldiers (few of they are based on real name) and more.

And since War Thunder even still has a profile of Yamamoto Isoroku and Karl Dönitz, I don’t think it’s a matter of it.

1 Like

Why even put the effort into making the portraits in the first place lol

1 Like

When the Rising Sun caused a fuss, they ended up taking the action of “changing the design for Chinese clients” and did not remove it.
However, it is a bit unnatural that Rommel and Isoroku Yamamoto were removed without any explanation.
They need to be accountable for what they intend to do.

7 Likes

I agree with you.
We should be able to distinguish between Wehrmacht and SS.

2 Likes

First they came to LSSAH Panther, and I did not speak out—
Because I didn’t played Normandy.

Then they came for the Rising Sun Flag, and I did not speak out—
Because I didn’t care about the Flag.

Then they came for the Axis Portrait, and I did not speak out—
Because I haven’t used a Portrait.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Original Poem by Martin Niemöller

7 Likes

I do not understand their logic in this one.
No solider is clean in a war, but these guys were not the likes of many other Generals and Marshals who fought.

You put all that effort into making a portrait only to remove it?

This is a game about one of those most brutal conflicts in history, you might as well close up the doors on all Axis soldiers. They along with everyone deployed had the blood on their hands from it, why single out probably the most benign of them?

3 Likes

Churchill said about Rommel, “We have a very daring and skillful opponent against us,” and he referred to Rommel as a, “great general”.
Rommel also complimented the allies with quotes like, “Montgomery never made a serious strategic mistake”.
The men that planned the assassination of Hitler were planning on putting Rommel in charge of Germany, and to have him make peace with the West.
I am not a defender of any of Rommel’s actions, but he is a real historical figure, and that should be allowed in a video game.

6 Likes