Boring Joke (STEAM Paid Beta)

I didn’t expect that you guys would be arguing for hundreds of floors over a product that requires payment (including an early beta version for multiple teams) and wouldn’t stop.

Just (early access version) not (official version)
Not to mention it also includes multiple teams and account merging.
I think this paid program is very reasonable
Is it possible that you just want to enjoy everything for free all day without paying anything?

Why does the initial beta version of ST mention so-called account separation?
This means that they may consider separating the two servers in the future to avoid the imbalance caused by the equipment gap.
Users who purchase the gift pack will be able to experience 2 servers in the future (quite reasonable, probably)

As for account merging?
Even if the servers are merged in the future
Since you’ve got a paid squad
So maybe it’s not so bad(?)
However, considering the official technical capabilities and after-sales service (no announcement to change event time and Stalingrad gift pack)
There is indeed considerable risk

For me, the issue particularly about paying anything. The issue is that, first of all, the game is advertised as a F2P in the steam page, even though the steam version is not.

But most importantly, the steam release was supposed to bring more player into the game (as it is supposed to be the number one priority of the game). Yet locking the game behind the price tag and an early access will likely discourage people from trying it.

Why would you pay for this while there are dozens of similar games on steam already ?

I want the game to success, and I hope I am wrong about my statement, but I don’t see the game succeeding on steam because of that.

6 Likes

Probably they wanna use steam just as an product placement platform. Like you see this shiny WW2 shooter, but it cost money, not much later you find out you can play it also for free. So DF is probably aiming to get the advanteges of steams reach without really paying for it.

1 Like

i think you are overestimating number of players steam will bring. games that have been out for couple of years dont bring that many players to them (although i hope i am wrong). here is example of WoWS (think that all data is PC only cause consoles have their own version and have no crossplay with PC).

also big problem with WoWS at steam launch was review bombing from people who couldnt transfer their account to steam. from talks on forum and reddit, people were prepared to review bomb on enlisted steam release, so having paid version is mixed bag really. it stops loads of negative reviews at steam launch (and maybe directs traffic to standalone client to people who are interested), but it also stops majority of players who would want to try the game on steam.

2 Likes

Completely wrong speculation on so many levels, they have only one master server and you are overestimating laziness of the DF plus why would they want to create separate master servers when they want more population on the first master server? Do you really think they would want to pay monthly money on additional server to save your equipment two times? I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Why would you pay for a b2p game that has insane amount of microtransactions when you could just buy HLL or Easy Red 2 for fraction of the cost? Even tho HLL has microtransactions they cost just $5 each. Easy Red 2 is a game made by a single dude and yet he could manage to have working bipods unlike Enlisted. Maybe DF should hire that guy to fix their game? :joy:

1 Like

The AI can also use tanks decently.

1 Like

And your tank ai actually works (they can use mg and cannons), pathfinding for infantry also is way better

1 Like