Boosted progress and custom battle rules

My hope is, that while you CAN transfer weapons, you CAN’T use those weapons before those squads/ weapons are unlocked.
Thus preventing a tier 1 player having high tier weapons straight away.

1 Like

Hopefully so.

Otherwise it will cause severe balance issue or limit what weapons devs will implement

I see no evil in the weapons transfer function. If a player has earned (or paid) his way to a specific weapon, this is a good way to prevent the “Oh come on, do I really have to start from scrap AGAIN?!” syndrome when starting new campaigns. At the same time, a price in bronze should supposedly prevent players from shifting whole arsenals back and forth between campaigns without worries.

Players will still need to upgrade and level up their squads in the new campaign, but at least they can do that while enjoying their favorite toys.

In my opinion, this gives an enormous extra value to all weapons, keeping them relevant throughout the game as long as the time period allows it.

But then what would be the whole point of transferring weapons at all in that case?

I suppose the devs plan to manage this by keeping the bronze cost of transfers relatively high.

Problem here is it gives value for weapons that are on several campaings meanwhile new factions will get nothing.

Imagine if they implement pacific campaing. US side will be flooded with bars, thompsons etc. even if US has to grind squads it might be able to use high end weapons right away meanwhile japan has to start from zero. Will this discourage people to play factions that has severe disadvantage?

While whole pacific idea is just theoretical atm we might soon have 4 campaings with Axis/germany weapons while allied side is split to 3 different faction with different weapons that cant be used nearly as freely

3 Likes

@Keofox Thanks for the update. It sounds exciting.

One thing I would love in the custom lobby is the ability to increase the number of friends per squad or team. Right now we are restricted to 4 and if we have 5 or more friends who want to all play together it’s difficult for them to join the same game.

It would be great if you invite specific players to a game so you are sure they can join your team and battle.

1 Like

Well, two sides of the coin I guess. Whenever a new campaign is added, people will generally be more inclined to play the new stuff. The advantage given by the weapons transfer function is an incentive to play the other “new yet old” faction.

3 Likes

Moreover, I repeat, don’t underestimate the effects of the ACTUAL PRICE of transferring a weapon. If it will be, in example, 10 bronze orders per weapon or higher, this alone will make players think twice before spamming transfers here and there.

Bro you not replied kefox you replied me

10 orders of bronze are few, it takes 50 per weapon or the transfer can be abused

I mean, yes. Germs get Mg34? Brits get a Bren. Germs get Mp40? Brits get Sten. K98? No.4.

Not everything has to me mirror-images, the war wasn’t balanced.

Tanks are stuck on small logs. Fix this please. Tanks feels more like cardboard toy box rather than steel war machines.

does that mean we will finally get a proper end-game lobby and chat, where, you know, you can communicate with the other team and say things like “gg” without the chat being cut off the moment the match’s score is finished, as it is right now.

The lack of a proper chat is a major negative for the game right now (especially as the games heavily features AI and bots), as it prevents people from connecting with each other, talk about the match, adding friends, etc. I have even heard people saying they don’t even know if they are playing against humans or AI and get the feeling it is a single-player game due to the lack of chatting.

Hopefully with the introduction of lobbies we can have a proper end-game lobby with like 1 minute for people to chat (they can just skip it as normal if they so wish).

1 Like

well, we don’t know the price atm. so let’s just wait and see

But it was a good plane though…

Ok ok I’m leaving

6 Likes

About the “transferring weapons between campaigns” upcoming feature, how will weapons that are present in multiple campaigns but have different ranks be handled?

For example, the Kar98k has a base rank of 0 star in Normandy but its base rank is 1 in Moscow and Berlin. Will rank be preserved but stat increases changed accordingly during a transfer?

do you even read?

1 Like

So now the nature of the game is officially biased for the axis?? What an awful change :frowning:

So what if you have to research the weapon again in a campaign - it’s a new campaign - everyone and everything should start from scratch on a (reasonably) level playing field - this is so pro-Axis as to be unbelievable - an awful change :frowning:

2 Likes

If it will get germains to shut the fuck up about at least ONE thing, I’m for it
You’re 100% correct regardless

4 Likes

Yeah we can laugh about the whereaboos not complaining about something - but there’s so much htey complain about will we really notice the lower volume? will there actually be a lower volume or will they find something else?

I don’t even see this as a light hearted up side!:confused:

2 Likes