Best Sound Mods

Hey modders :wave:

After having created a list of best hangar mods and promoted them on my channel, I want to do the same with sound mods.
Problem is: It’s hard to test all assets without a distinct list of weapons/features changed existing and preferable also clips of how each single weapon sounds like.

I recommend someone with a good mod to create a list like that and post it somewhere (can be easily done on youtube) and then people can give their opinions about which specific weapon sound changes are good or bad. After adjusting the sounds over the course of some weeks we will have the gold standard of enlisted sound mods.
To speed up the process we (me and the modder) can - in addition to the public way - also quickly go over all the sound changes together and see whether they are good or not, in order to release a first optimized sound mod after something like just 1 hour of work.

My general advice:

• Only change bad weapon sounds, the good sounding weapons need to remain untouched (constantly done mistake by modders)
  • We need a good headshot sound, something squishy or something like a helmet falling down is great
  • The explosion tinitus sound removed and instead just the silence that the game already brings
  • Charge scream removal! Absolutely annoying & unrealistic
  • I recommend to upload your finished mods in separate versions, e.g. 1 with only weapon changes, 1 with only special sound changes, 1 with both, and basically many permutations, so people can pick exactly what the prefer

Edit: Another mod i just tested muted the silenced MP40ies and when using a normal MP40 afterwards it was muted too (although it had sound before using the silenced version).
I recommend to not change silenced weapons sounds to avoid similar bugs.

2 Likes

Checkout my new weapon sound mods an tell me what u think about them :wink:

3 Likes

the fg42 is great, the mp40 sounds too unrealistically loud/strong. it was shooting 9mm standard pistol rounds. (MP stands for machine pistol)

another recommendation: someone who understands sound modification (DAW, digital audio workstations are great for that) can download the in game weapon sounds and tinker around with the them, tho just finding great weapon sounds from other games is easier.

I’m no audio expert or anything like that, but I create most of the sound using audacity

1 Like

Maybe it’s too loud?

yeah could be. maybe just making the sounds of weak weapons more silent is enough to make them realistic.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll sort them by their caliber and make some adjustments, thanks for the advice man

hey dude, im working on new updates on the MP-40 sound, heres the video preview, tell me what u think

well, my sound mod has almost completely changed all the weapons, I am missing some from the base game and those from modern conflict, in the comments of my mod there is the entire list of weapons, and on my YouTube channel you can see some fragments

3 Likes

here comes the master Bigote its self (i salute u sir)

2 Likes

that MG-42 sound so good, i can’t compete with that :sweat_smile:

id say the ingame sound is basically perfect. all deviations ive seen sounded worse. it even sounds better (but still realistic) than a real life mp40

1 Like

Sound mods are not just about weapon sounds, but also voice lines!
its refreshing to hear new voices instead of the “Kopfschuss haha!” for 4 years in a row…
i released my first player voice sound mod, maybe give it a try too!
https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/WvBjJL5p8aubM6Mc/

2 Likes

real MG42 sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKFs2vANJw

u mean the default ingame sound ?

yes

1 Like

Classy :grinning:, I appreciate your feedback sir, thanks

1 Like

Well that’s the key issue - good and bad are all down to personal choice.
So everyone is tailoring the game to their preferences.

And I guess every modder believes their stuff is good.
Personally I made the mod with BF1+BFV voicelines and never looked back at the original voiceovers.

Similarly, personally I am using the BF1+BFV sounds for headshot, menu music, match intro music, paratrooper falling, jump audio signal, bombers sirens, etc. also with tinitus removed.

Well, again, personal preference.
I love the Banzai charge sounds or the newly added BF warcry charges.
You think silent charges would be more realistic?

And regarding weapon and vehicle sounds I also believe nothing can beat BF1+BFV sounds, as those guys had the budget to record actual MG-42 or Zero sounds, plus all the sound design experience of BF1 with Fedorov, Mondragon, etc.

Unfortunately we do have such a mod with BF weapon sounds yet.
But Bigote’s sound pack is as close as it gets.

2 Likes

@subjectivity:
high quality opinions contain large amounts of objectivity and subjective progress.
e.g. a mod should contain high realism and in the rare cases where its possible/where realism sounds too bad, a good artistic improvement. any deviations from this baseline lead to low quality results, like weapons sounding like plastic guns, weapons sounding too strong/too weak etc (exactly what makes many mods bad. ive constantly heard SMGs sounding louder and harder than MGs).

enlisted succeeds nicely in the sound design of guns, since almost all weapons sound either good or great, sound is possibly the most well done aspect of the game.
most guns sound very close to their real counterparts, with few even sounding better than the real life ones (MP40 sounds very nice, although fancier than irl, same is true for PPSh). Also the H/MG-Nest sounds are amazing, changing them also will lead to worse quality for the game.

the few exceptions where the game really needs gun sound improvements are weapons that sound too weak, like all FG42s and the occasional boltie.