Beginning of Stug III production

In June 1936, full-scale development of WWII’s most recognizable assault gun, the Stug III, began.

Before the war began, the German command saw no great need for assault guns — self-propelled artillery operating in the first line. Moreover, the military doctrine of Germany in the mid-1930s had not yet reached its final form, and such designs in their finished stages did not yet exist in any nation. Nevertheless, Erich von Manstein, a strategist in armored warfare who played key roles in the German blitzkrieg victories, was able to convince generals that vehicles with thick frontal armor and a powerful cannon mounted on the chassis would provide excellent support to attacking infantry divisions and allow the “freeing up” of armored forces.

After the German invasion of France in 1940, this strategy proved its effectiveness, and the Stug III series received the highest marks from their crews. This success prompted Italy and Hungary to develop their own assault guns. Most other countries, however, appreciated the effectiveness of these new vehicles only after facing them in combat.

FROM 15TH JUNE (13:00 UTC) TO 19TH JUNE (13:00 UTC), YOU WILL RECEIVE 30% OFF PREMIUM SQUADS FOR GOLD WITH THE STUG III SELF-PROPELLED ASSAULT GUN, SUCH AS:

• 21st Tank Regiment with Stug III A in the Battle of Moscow campaign;
  • 17th Tank Battalion with Stug III G in the Invasion of Normandy campaign.
11 Likes

Discounts are always welcome. :triumph:

1 Like

Cool, Stug life!! will the 75mm long get appropriately beefed up?

Cool.
But sadly still no f2p stug.

Free the stug!
Stug live matters!

8 Likes

Cool and all but…no F2P Stug or whichever? As much as I want it, I’m not shoveling out that much money for one tank for a game that isn’t even fully ‘out’ yet.

At 50% off I’d maybe get the Moscow one…

The Normandy one I have, and cherish. It’s really fun to play. Sadly no lmg strapped on it.

8 Likes

30% off from 2 Premium Stug tanks, that alone is not really worth it.

One of the most produced german tanks in WW2, still behind a paywall. Smh.

3 Likes

f2p stugⅢ here!!

10 Likes

My poor boy!!!

1 Like

No Coaxial on the Moscow one makes sense but the Normandy lacking one is a travesty that I won’t let go.

Also, paywall tanks make me sad.

4 Likes

We at least have the Stalingrad one… But I think it required the full access to get, I’m not sure anymore :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, It will be free after merge.

But I really don’t enjoy its gameplay. Its cannon is really underperforming and lack of MG is just meh.

Just get gold order one from Stalingrad, you can get it as full f2p

2 Likes

The heat does work wonders.(Moscow Stug A)

It’s a nice tank. I do enjoy it alot.

1 Like

Yes, Stalingrad had a free Stug III.
I never used it and now I remember.

AAA prices for gold order tank, but hey a discount

2 Likes

That’s not worth it all.

F2P players should spend theirs order on actually good vehicle they’ll end up using lmao.

… It has HEAT???

a redeemable trait for sure. Still sad from the lack of top lmg, but at least it’s a potent shell.

I sticked with the 4G in this cluttered theater thought.

Well if they want it they can get it, more likely than f2p spending gold order than 50€ on same tank.

Besides there are not that many good gold order vehicles to get, i bought it just for lols and to flex on stalingrad buyers that i have 99% of their paid content free

1 Like