Be ready for new weapon upgrade mechanics!

this is great.

However the other equipment such as large ammo pouches, mines, anti personnel mines, grenades, explosive packs should still be available to buy with bronze orders not silver order.

The cost of the current equipment with bronze orders is okay please don’t change them too only be obtained with silver as it seems rather pointless to change. And its just going to frustrate people that have saved bronze orders to buy large ammo pounces and other more expensive equipment. What is the point in changing something that does not need to be changed ?

Keep it so you can get all equipment with bronze orders and primary weapons with silver orders.

Perhaps make it so you can get sidearms with bronze orders too as they are not really worth a silver order.

Also as silver orders will be more rare than bronze orders people are going to want to spend silver orders on weapons and not equipment.

1 Like

In fact, even I’m not sure how quickly after the release of the new system I will spend my bronze. I think it will disappear very quickly after upgrading the weapons of my soldiers (it’s so easy now!). Therefore, it is worth waiting for the release and counting already in practice.

And no matter how sad it is, but account development is an integral part of such games.

2 Likes

Also @Keofox while you are here with us - are Make Enlisted a Better Place updates coming back?
We didn’t have any of those for a really long time.

3 Likes

The developers took a break. We have collected topics for this section. We’ll be back soon. Most likely this week.

10 Likes

as one of the new players, we need Bronze EXPLOSION PACK and Bronze Grenade.
you said in QA that infantry can counter tanks with TNT, but how can we kill tanks without the silver order??? the average lv1-3 player can only get 4k-9k XP, depending on the battle level, for example, the new player may only get 1-3k when fighting against lvl30 players. so new players have to suffer a considerable number of painful matches to collect enough TNT and grenades to counter enemy auto rifles and tanks. this is unplayable. you just drain fresh blood out in this way.

Good to hear - this is really great initiative. Keep it up.

It’s rather funny how everyone was asking you to keep all of the equipment for bronze and instead of doing that you are going for some weird half-measures, probably trying to do some damage control. Reminds me of your genius idea to “fix” spawns…

It seems like a good thing that you decided to allow us to buy at least some equipment for bronze but as with all your updates it does leave a bittersweet taste.

3 Likes

Funny thing that with this atrocious change coming my game sunddely is crashing for the first time after never having issues for more than a year of playing it, it’s an omen XD

The perk system needs rework aswell and so does the aquaring more silver troop orders they should be given for every 5xp new people will struggle to fill their squads and that’s only for one camapaign side god forbid they decide to switch campaign or side, also we need retrainign points back since the perk system is a slot machine so we shoudl have the option aquire more points without degrading our soldier or even better they should scrap the slot mahcine perk and let us chose the perks we want from those that are avaialble for our soldiers level that would be fair and would not requie retraining points

Wise decision. While it is disapointing that AP grenades are not part of basic equipment, I understand it. All things considered, this is somewhat fair.

Thank you for this compromise.

3 Likes

It is something.

I would have preferred for everything to stay for bronze but so be it.

If this is how it goes I would like to request the following:
A bigger supply of Detpacks (TNT bundle) for the first few squads you have and unlock to give new players some AT capacity without having to immediatly worry. Think every second soldier should have a detpack so that if a player runs around later in a campaign without buying additional det packs that at least half of their full squad can have detpacks.

Otherwise the limit of detpacks will make it harder on them early on to decide on what to get due to needing 25k xp for the first silver order. Especially if they try out multiple campaigns.

For the second I would like to request the devs to consider the current value of bronze weapon orders.
You need 6k XP per bronze weapon order (starting unfavorably with 2 soldier orders first and then getting 1 weapon). So for 4 bronze orders you would need 24k xp and for one silver 25k.
It would be appreciated if that would be considered when switching from bronze to silver for utility.

I do also understand that the balance will be difficult as you could theoretically get M1 Garands for 1 silver in Normandy and then simply send them over to Tunesia for bronze, but people will have had to progress that far in a campaign and that there is also a need to entice players to spend money on the game. But I am of the firm belief that being a little more generous is better than being a little more stingy for a game.

And I read this a few hours after I had spent my saved bronze on toolkits since I could get medkits/grenades from other squads and I wouldn’t be able to get more toolkits from squads. At least I bought a hanful of large backpacks too :frowning:

Keeping molotovs and frags for silver is still weird, it isn’t like they’re very used, especially molotovs. And large backpacks already costed a good amount of bronze already, 4 orders was still 24k xp

maybe people will finally use smokes now

Super Pershing and Gloster Meteor for Normandy when

but pointless spam won’t change am i right? why not just replace this annoying thing with ATgrenades with small damage at space but better armor pierce than infantry grens? would it be better to make strict limit of spampacks for specialized squads and focus attention at rifles (which have irrational accuracy even being put on a jamb) and cannons which are rarely used now while spaming dinamyte naturally became habit of most old players?

1 Like

old vehicles are countered by cannons, bombs and RPGs, hello world. explosives are simply imbalanced so infantry spams them without thinking especially in city maps. is this a good gampley?

2 Likes

please could you clarify what this means?

it means tnts will be still spammed into air by babies unable to mount cannons or use launchers properly. but when it touches infantry damage, they will be not better than 85mm HE i guess. 1-2 kills thx to weird HE mechanics

1 Like

frags will be more effective against infantry, detpacks will be weaker against infantry

That’s actually great! Thanks for that.

But also:

@Keofox a serious question regarding the upcoming update economy:
After the last academy economy update, there was a bronze troop order gain boost, so we earn twice as much bronze troop order as before.

My question is simply this: will we also obtain bronze weapons orders twice as much when the new system is implemented, just like for bronze troop orders?

Thanks!

2 Likes