Be ready for new weapon upgrade mechanics!

DOA
very nice “economy” balance

1 Like
  1. c’on last 2 updates was just boost for axis in normandy after 2 last update m1 is useless at ★★★★☆ or less then 5.
  2. there is no info what will happen if we want to dismantle weapons we dont use( for ex. axe :slight_smile: ) … i bet we will get 1bronze order…?

Suggestion: Let all new troops come standard with a medkit.

Also keep small equipment as bronze, keep smoke as bronze and make frag grenades 1 silver order and explosive pack 2 silver orders

Medkits can stay silver only IF new troops come with medkit

2 Likes

Also do axes do anything special?

They oneshot and have a different sound effect when hitting an enemy.

1 Like

i too dont regret a single cent i spended into this game. i had all of it worth the fun it did provide me so far.
as for current statement.
it will get even easier for us to have maxed out weapons / vehicles. imo.

there will be a point, if, enough time and effort was placed into the game, that silver orders wont have a usage no more on most of us, and will be kept as stock for future updates.

savings 2

I’ve been saving for this upcoming update for about 8 months, now I will have a reason to spend some more than about 25-30 silver troops orders and about 10 silver weapon orders I have used so far. I will probably use all my bronze weapon orders this weekend.

2 Likes

i m having a stroke disassembling all this k98ks. …

5 Likes

nice stash.

you dont do it manually do you?

I have about 3100-3200 rifles to disassembly from all my campaigns, gonna be a long day…

1 Like

i dont even know if i want to count them… lol.
but for sure i ill disassembly all of this useless crap

6 Likes

fair point

Pros:
finally a decent way to recycle standard weapons like the starter rifles and special class weapons like flamerthrowers and mortars
ive been suggesting bronze orders for 25 parts for a LONG time
silver orders are at least somewhat easier to get now
upgrading weapons is less grindy, especially at much higher levels where 2 dozen weapons are in a crate and you rely on RNG to get 30 thompsons to scrap enough to max it out

Cons:
the supply of silver orders has doubled, but the demand for them has just multiplied by 10 times, only compounding the issue of silver orders.
this system severely cripples casual and/or F2P players who dont rack up mass amounts of XP in short amounts of time.
players who have played get no compensation for grinding things out in the old system
maxed out weapons are no longer a reward for time and dedication, but a meta. Those who do not have them will suffer.
Logistics for silvers. just WHY WHO MADE THIS DECISION

Conclusion: This solved a problem that wasnt really a problem until endgame content, but all it does is create 5 new problems. There should still be a random box as i quite like the random factor of receiving weapons, a simple recycling system would have more than sufficed and kept nearly everyone happy while also actually solving the problem and not creating new ones.
I mean jesus its going to take over a month with a standard f2p account to get the XP necessary to fill an assault squad with thompsons and backpacks.

Cant say im a fan. I get to recycle my useless 78 M1 flamethrowers and 137 PIATs, but i also lose the ability to enjoy receiving, scrapping and upgrading weapons and the advantage upgrades offered, now with the flood of bronze orders maxed weapons will be the meta, not the exception.

2 Likes

was always this.

some of us just got them faster.

I dislike these conversion rates, and the equipment price changes, overall.

10:1 parts conversion is simply inadequate to fully upgrade a single faction’s army, even if they maxed multiple factions from 1 to 34. Let alone 8 separate factions.

100:1 knives to bronze order conversion is a terrible joke. You’re saying the spaghetti management of 100 soldiers in reserves pre-academy rework is worth only 1 bronze? Every 3 soldiers shoved into the academy is literally worth real time spent waiting for them in the academy. Are you saying that the training time (and management) associated with every 1 hundred soldiers is only worth a single bronze?

I thought the whole point of converting knives to bronze weapon orders was to incentivize the people who literally had to sit through the academy system before the rework

Especially since they’re the ones with thousands of knives just lying around. Proof of the management necessary to even have ranked soldiers, before the rework.

And why on earth are bayonets not retroactively given to all qualified weapons? Do you really want players to pay for the same guns they already had, because you decided to implement a feature on a whim? Hell, the fact it was even guised as an event that doesn’t even give nowhere near enough is basically the same as saying “I’m not at all sorry you purchased your stuff before we decided to implement a new feature.”

Hell, the equipment price changes even make less sense. Why on earth would they start costing silvers? Do you really want to bottleneck player progression this much? I’m not affected as much primarily because I already have fully geared and trained troops for all 8 factions in the game, but what was supposed to be an update that aids in players being f2p is basically just the game exchanging the dirty plate they’re out out of for paper plates.

The entire reason why people await the silver rework is because they wanted accessibility. Because the average f2per relies solely on bronze RNG drops for weapon progression. And with equipment costing bronze, as well, they are incapable of affording things like mines and backpacks, while being equipped with a hodgepodge menagerie of mismatched weapons that make a partisan group look like an organized army.

In short, they were literally denied an opportunity they could have had to have even partially matched gear available to match those who paid for the game.

Let’s do some math.

How many soldiers do people have in a single faction’s roster? Let’s do a ballpark guess. 20-28? Sounds about right.

1 silver weapon order = 25000 exp

Easy, right? That means you can fully equip your roster with a 1* gun by the time you’re level 14. Fair.

So you can equip the rest of your soldiers with late-campaign weapons by the time you hit level 27. Okay. These are sensible prices assuming there’s no equipment rework. But pretty tight. You can effectively get 100 silvers by just accumulating 2.5 million exp.

Except. What on earth is this?

Okay. Let’s redo the math. What if we include the prices of additional equipment like pistols, mines and backpacks? Oh no.

That’s an additional 3-10 silver orders per solder instead of just the basic 1-3.

I even did a bit of math myself to tell me: “How many silvers do I need to purchase the stuff I want?”

638 silver orders, or about 16 million exp, or 4 entire factions from Level 1 to Level 34. On just peripherals. This is excluding the would-be costs of backpacks, as well as the price of primary weapons.

In short, you will easily require more than 10 silver orders per soldier, if you want to fully equip your army post rework. Gotta grind 5 million exp to equip an army of 20 to the teeth.

Instead of opting out of turning this into a p2w game, all this did was slightly change things around. But it’s still the same. You pay for the game, or you suffer being the underdog.

Aight. This sounds about enough. Though there are more.

28 Likes

It’s basically the closest they can implicitly get to “Just buy the g***amn Elite BP already” without actually saying it out loud.

3 Likes

^ i wouldnt do it better my self.
nice post. fully agreed

2 Likes

46 days of BP left
9 tasks/3 prizes per day = 2.25 silver weapon orders
103.5 silver weapon orders before the end of this season

Even if you play BP religiously every day. You’d still have nowhere near enough to get what you need.

3 Likes