"Battle of Tunisia": campaign discussion

This is going to get good :popcorn::popcorn:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll continue unless he wants to PM me because weā€™re already shitting up the feedback thread enough as is.

4 Likes

as i expected, you will reply it with probability logic something like ā€œif it possible then itā€™s balancedā€ like saying BT-5 and Leopard 1 are equal because both can kill each other without comparing the struggle between these 2 at killing each other

1. use MP35/I killed few guy
  2. run out of ammo
  3. left few guys alive
  4. reloading
  5. got killed

yup, balanced

if it isnt as good as war thunder then nope, isnt enough

i dont really get what you trying to say in this abstract part, but you literally preventing german getting buff, proposal to buff german, or to equalizing german stuff with allies stuffs, with an insult and strawman argument instead of objective argument even tho you (probably) know it will start an uproar or conflict

A: M38/42 need extra ammo
B: shut you ungrateful basterd, you deserve nothing because you MF play german
A: what? :confused:

yet doesnt denied the fact M38/42 need extra magazine just to compensate itā€™s lower damage or balance the total ammo count, funny guy

your hatred toward german is probably a phobia since you always use no sense argument to deny german stuffs proposal

how did asking for extra magazine leading to this chaos anyway, ffs

Bikes handle like shit on turns. They need to be more stable on straight lines. Not a snake on ice.

AI players inside boats, do float when sitting. There is a small gap below all players inside the boat

There is no reload animation on players riding a boat.

There is no reload animation on the 50 euro bikes. And they actually reload in 1 - 3 seconds. Not even fun.

Shovel can dig on cobblestone passages close to houses. Making the paved/stone roads bent forming a hole.

Some windows made of wood, canā€™t be destroyed by small arms on some houses, where the same exact model of window on other houses gets shredded just fine.

Engineers equiped with smg`s itā€™s broken. Engineers are already good players and key to secure wins, they donā€™t need smgs. Neither they deserve them. Assaulters shall be the ones with smgs.

Explosions are still yellow.

I havenā€™t noticed weather storms or what ever was that on the patch notes yet.

AI soldiers, even tho they do perform better than a week ago, still 180 turn and lay on the floor in less than a millisecond. That shall be adjusted for a more real time frame.

Even tho boats are present, current objectives /spawn points are a bit far from the need of using them, they ill be another thing to have, that will be used once every month just because. Spawn points, and objectives could utilize the river side more on some missions, so said boats could be utilized more.

On AL gar or what ever that map is called, itā€™s possible to build spawn points less than 30 mts from a cap point, if, a building is present on a diferent ground level. Making atacks/defences as easy as they get.

Ai and player voices are too low on volume. , even on max volume setting. I can understand my soldiers perfectly on normandy, berlin and even Moscow. On tunisia, Italian voices are too high tone and low volume, and british ones feel like the soldier just had 20 Cuban cigars befor every sentence.

No other campaign makes my eyes hurt as this one. Donno it itā€™s the constant going in and out of buildings or purely the sand colorā€¦ Or my screen settingsā€¦

4 Likes

It doesnā€™t block others from using vehicles too.

They currently just use a vehicle slot on the squad lineup.

But, as you use them, other team players can use them too or play as tankers/planes as any other campaign.

Has anyone been able to pen the Grant with the Hs-129? I got a lot of hits into the back plates of it which were all nonpens.

Agreed and Iā€™mma ask them for my money back this is stupid and the campaign is not worth it

it probably use HE shell so cant

There was a devlog stating that we would have secondary objectives on invasion maps.

Not a single one so far to test on, this test.

1 Like

Having shovels is nice, and even better is that they can be used instead of the knife.

HOWEVER, there is plenty of work needed on actual animations and the way how the ā€œholesā€ are displayed.
Terrain is simply not adjusting to the shovel and depth of the holes. Thus, we can see weird stuff like this:

Also, I already mentioned the animations and to that aspect there are two issues.

1. Attack animation is the same as ā€œdigā€ animationā€¦ thus you literally dig the enemy soldier (amusing, but very immersion breaking and awkwardā€¦). Perhaps lock the attack animation on right mouse click or vice versa?
  2. There is nice little detail of shovel getting dirty with mud over time. However, if I kill somebody with a clean shovel, I would expect blood, not the mud on it. (That much to digging enemy soldier. :clown_face:)

This effect however is pretty nice and I can imagine it working nicely on other melee weaponsā€¦ for example my sabre is completely clean even after absolute slaughterfest.

Lastly to the shovel: It is pretty hard to use the actual hole if the adjusted terrain suffers from weird wobbling. Also, if you intend to send AI thereā€¦ think again. Upon entering the pit AI will start spinning uncontrollably (seriously try itā€¦ it is amusing as long as it is a thing only in CBT) and then decides to train for the next Olympics or something.

(ThatĀ“s the expression of true chad and champion of you ask me :clown_face:)

Lastly, bayonets work well enough in Tunisia, I donĀ“t see a single reason why they shouldnĀ“t be released for the rest of the campaigns for the weapons that actually had themā€¦ For example Moscow could see wide usage of these. (Perhaps animation similar to the Schiessbecher/Diakonov grenade launcher could be used to put bayonets on, or take them down if bayonet is not fixed on weapon)

4 Likes

I would love some animations for this.

My own ideas on the future of bayonets:

I think, maybe for balance you would have to carry a bayonet in your melee slot and if you attach to the weapon you canā€™t go to straight melee. Also would feel more realistic. Weapons with integrated bayonets would not have to follow this rule, giving them some additional advantage.

Just some thoughts, loving the bayonets though.

1 Like

Since there are no slashing attacks for knifes, bayonets can be easily used as the knife too. But putting it on weapon would give you more reach on expense of thrust speed.

2 Likes

Good point. Heck maybe you could start with just a combat knife and upgrade it to bayonet. I just think more strategy for equipping your troops is a good thing. Ofc this would also make things like Axes less valuable. So I can see a counter argument.

1 Like

in comparison to knife, axe is slower but it is guaranteed instant kill.
Even with bayonet you usually need 2 thrusts (1 to down 1 to kill).
With that in mind axes and swords will still be effective.

1 Like

Yeah. I really like the idea of Basic being knife, upgrade to bayonet, upgrade to Axe, Swords for special event. You could even do it like upgrading weaponsā€¦or just unlock the better stuff and buy with bronze orders (as it isnā€™t setup like regular weapons)

Btw. when do we get a fancy ā€œTunesia testerā€ banner for our foum account?

3 Likes

I noticed the new poll on how the motorcycle class should be classified, and I went with playerā€™s choice - mainly because I had a caveat idea.

Motorcycle infantry will be classified as a vehicle only if the player chooses to mount the MG on the sidecar. Otherwise it can be an infantry class in the sense of a miniature assaulter squad. The passenger can still do a drive-by (with main weapon, driver can use sidearm?) but movement speed will greatly affect accuracy.

1 Like

Boys anti tank rifle feels too light when tuning /shooting around.

Itā€™s Prety much a bolt action rifle, it takes the same time to aim on sights as oneā€¦

Bikes srsly need a rework on how they handle. They turn poorly and even on a small break, it does drift sidewaysā€¦ Making a stop-engage scenario Prety unreliable

Objectives shall take all house space, not only base floor on a room and all the floors above it.
Defending an objective with a single grenade, isnā€™t either fun or rewarding. When all the house around isnā€™t used as a capture point.

Besides me, I havenā€™t saw a single player on a boat. Maybe have the first starting point closer to the river and not 100km away. So players can use them way moreā€¦ The river goes around Prety much all capture points on that map, making flanks with them useful. But if we spawn 100mts away from them, there is no incentive to walk to them since it takes half the time to walk on the next objective.

5 Likes

As a PC player, I thought that as well. The trick is to only use the mouse, if you also use the KB to control the Yoke, rudders or Ailerons you will end up in the dirt. The engines can be run at 100% WEP for am entire match without overheating. The problem is that it is useless in Enlisted CBT if there are no ground targets to kill. Worthless on infantry and in 4 matches flying the plane not a single enemy tank spawned. In one mission a British Hurricane did spawn in and killed me with just a few shots. Maybe if there were tanks on the ground that my team had marked it would be useful but for now, for me, it is utterly useless.

Thatā€™s a guess, but what other campaign has more than one type of weapon for the Bomber class? Itā€™s either AT rifles or grenade launchers, no campaign has both and in Tunisia both teams already have AT rifles