Battle of Kasserine Pass

The battles in Tunisia between the Axis and the Allied forces were a challenge for both sides. The harsh environment, logistical problems and difficult terrain created many situations where one side defeated another, just to suffer heavy casualties several days later.

The Battle of Kasserine Pass took place between February 19 and 24, 1943. After a series of victories, it turned out to be a brutal lesson for the U.S. army. Despite the numerical superiority of the Allies, the Axis forces, supported by vehicles, stormed the pass with minimal losses, while about a third of the defenders were wounded, killed or captured.

The restructuring of command and the revision of tactical, defensive, and troop coordination strategies in general following this defeat helped the Allies adapt more quickly to the realities of maneuver warfare.

From February 21st (13:00 UTC) to February 27th (13:00 UTC), you can get rewards for completing tasks.

For completing 6 out of the 9 tasks, you will receive the “1st Armored Division insignia” decal! (Only for USA ground vehicles)

TASKS

Stage 1:

• Destroy 8 vehicles.
  • Kill 100 enemies using a vehicle.
  • Complete 5 battles.

Stage 2:

• Kill 150 enemies using a vehicle.
  • Your engineering structures were used 50 times.
  • Complete 6 battles.

Stage 3:

• Kill 100 enemies using a vehicle.
  • Destroy 8 vehicles.
  • Complete 8 battles.

TERMS

• The tasks can be completed in the Squads mode.
  • The list of tasks is updated every two days at 13:00 UTC.
  • Tasks can be completed simultaneously.
  • Uncollected rewards will disappear when the tasks change.
21 Likes

ah well i might grind this since i want to use US line up now

1 Like

Thanks for the decal being actually historical and not Bambi the Deer again or some other Teletubbies.

Would be nice to be able to go to Tunisia maps though with my fully British lineup (squads, soldiers, weapons, vehicles) instead of Ardennes on A-13 or Italian lineup ending up in Normandy with Semovente.

Also would be really nice if the premium Volkssturm squad I paid real money for didn’t wear grey civilian suits when deployed in Africa – even F2P squads have normal tan auto camo.

6 Likes

Finally some good decals. I am tired of the bad decals we have gotten lately

1 Like

:hugs::hugs: gimme gimme, finally some proper decal.

And I definitely love these 80 appearance orders, time to dress up my event german paras into something different.

3 Likes

We need more of this.
I mean this is not like Warthunder where you can paste it on every single tank when you unlock 2 decals.
In Enlisted, you have the option to use only two decals or take them out and paste them on another tank.

3 vehicle upgrade orders and nearly 10k of silver, not bad.

DAMN for 1 Second i thought its a Insignia for Uniforms DAMN but nice as well

Are you f🙂cking kidding me?
Another event involving both Axis and Allies but only Allies themed reward.
Axis could have gotten something as simple as “131” decal after the famous 131 tiger.
Featured-2
Tiger 131 captured by the allies during Tunisia campaign earned its fame by being the last operational original tiger I tank.

12 Likes

Happy to see that it seems like the developers have figured out to use events with specific tasks for mini commemorative events and not for larger events like that Christmas nightmare we had months ago

only two criticisms

• the necessary objectives are too many in my opinion for just a single decal

• I would have preferred to see at least one decal for the axis or even two (since both Germans and Italians were present)
    maybe a decal for every two tasks so it maintains the total 6 completed tasks

4 Likes

Ooo, I got to get this QUICK SHARP!

… so the horn stg and the stummel weren’t enough for two rewards in-a-row ?

4 Likes

If we’re gonna have an event to get some sort of decals it’d be nice if both sides got something instead of just one side

4 Likes

Hey, I like the idea of having event decals/name decorators
Sure beats having actually good stuff be forever FOMO. Or ballooning the game with weird paper guns/vehicles
(something like the 76mm BT, which I own, but I think it’s unfair other people cannot get it)

Lol how is the 2 related? Having mini events with specific tasks have nothing to do with larger events. Not to mention that most if not all mini events use specific tasks.

Axis did get nice reinforcement event rewards, but both axis and allies get something by design.
I do appreciate Breda PGs, Sdkdz251/9 and Horn (even if it has Fg42 pouches) but Im still disappointed.

Last year US and USSR got nice decals and pistols in allied themed events while Axis didn’t have a single axis themed event.
The most annoying part was making the Stalingrad commemorativa event Soviet centric, the most important battle in Axis history and only those bourgeois golden pistols were given to USSR. No specialskin Luger, not a single decal.
Besides, when was the last time Japan and Italy got something?

7 Likes

they tried to do the same thing at Christmas for a major event and it was pure suffering
In my opinion events with tasks are more suitable for commemorative events like this than for larger events (especially at Christmas)

excluding Breda PG, the Folgore paratrooper team was the only Italian reward in game, not even a decal until now

3 Likes

Finally you did an EVent that is thought through and nails it! well done!
The Event is commemorating a Historical Battle, that’s what this game is about, the Tasks are okayish, bonus If you had managed to put the tasks had to be done with either German or US, next time maybe you get it. and then the reward is a US Armored Decal, well it was about US and a US Reward that has everything todo with the Game, a Historical Decal.
Well done.

A perfect way would have been to have German or US req to get the kills as, throw in a decal for US and German side, and final Stage a Camo for Vehicle.
In a larger Event, Africa Korps clothes for the soldiers, Prmium Squad limited during Event that is a Africa korps tiger etc etc, and all had to be done in Tunisia Maps with either US or German.
Now that would’ve been something.
Events keep the Game alive.

2 Likes

Yeah I know, but it seems like you are celebrating too early since you think that dev will no longer use specific task for large event because of this event.