Are you pro-merge, anti-merge, or neutral?

I am pro-merge. but the implementation is terrible

If you’re on a Tiger

3 Likes

Im personally neutral, i like merge but also dislike merge

The reason i like merge, because i dont need to grind something that i m not even use to get what i want to use (example i need to grind 30 levels to get Tiger, with merge it could like 5 or 8 levels), then i dont need to grind same gun which i already unlock in other theater but not in particular theater, and then matchmaking (even though still not implemented) basically finally balanced matchmaking

The reason i dislike merge, because it implement in terrible way (tech tree still doesnt make sense especially Japan tech tree), people will use late game stuff in early game stuff (as someone who like ww2 stuff, this thing is killing my motivation to play because it make the game doesnt have any difference to other clone out there like BF or CoD), and its bugged af (there are still many issues like explosive lag, AI refuse to follow player, AI cant climb window, AI cant swim, AI pathing still broken, climb window but window not broken, Fire goes through wall, explosive goes through wall etc etc)

Its good game still but lately its not fun anymore, the more they update, the more the game broken

1 Like

I am also negative towards the merge.

While I get that Battlerating for tanks make sense and I can see the benefit for the player density by throwing everything together, it severely kills the immersion for me and forces me onto campaignmaps (Moskau and Tunisia for me) that I absolutely refuse to play under any circumstance, which is going to force me to leave alot more games as a result.

If these campaigns are suffering from a very low player density, it’s a symptom of a problem that doesn’t just disappear by throwing people in there.
Just merging stuff together will force people into these maps and scenarios they don’t want to play, which is not a solution and will keep pushing players away rather than keeping them.
Mapdesign, artillery cooldown, oppressive weapon design (flamethrower, mines, nadespam, MG/AT gun buildings), Airraids and Plane/Tank impact are all part of the overarcing “frustrating to play out” problem of these campaigns and maps, which won’t just disappear.

Don’t get me wrong:
Especially tanks need some type of BR (since not having the last tank unlocked and picking the tanksquad is basically trolling your team), but this change could be done independendly from the entire merge they are doing.
I am in favour of unifying the techtree across all campaigns and making some more stuff more accessible (starting your tanksquads without Loader and MG is just a flawed design that comes from WarThunder in which you start with a severely crippled version of the vehicle).

Unifying the campaign across the board however makes everything look very out of place ingame while forcing people into mappools that they previously could just not queue up for if they didn’t want to play them.
So in this instance, they are going some very big steps backwards again and undo years of work they built upon to make the game feel the way it does right now, and that worries me alot.

2 Likes

Beretta M1918 is thr Moscow premium German squad?
Looking forward to field that with the Italian burst battle rifle from the new battlepass on the engineer they recently added.

Beretta m1918 is also an unlock in normandy alongside with the fnab

1 Like

Fnab is also an premium in tunisia

And objectively better with more unique outfits.

Im Pro-merge. Unlocking vehicles or weapons becomes a lot easier. A Ka-Mi tank for example used to be a late game unlock because you have to go throught all the levels before you get to unlock it

Ah, didn’t know that. Not far with Normandy Germans.

The justification of pro, that no more Stuart vs Tiger, is nonsense, I think that’s a damn shame, as sometimes light tanks serve a purpose, it’s not just you are not end game imho

I am in the middle ground, I know something needs to happen, I have aired my concerns over direction 1000 times, so will just wait and see now. So long as I have BAction I won’t care.

The thing is, you will be still able take Stuart into higher BR if that’s what you want.
But you will not be forced to do so. That’s why I think it is stoll valid argument, especially if it was cause of frustration for many people.

4 Likes

I just want things done properly. By that I want to make sure that things are advantageous for players.

All players. That includes f2p, and newcomers alike.

If so, then I don’t mind if there’s a war thunder conversion or not.

3 Likes

What’s all the negative opinion about the Progression tree? As far as order of unlocks it looks about right to me (a few outliers but not many)

is it mainly just because people are confusing it with BR?

Take 2 squad, a Big sherman and a little Stuart ?)

Yes, little tank (Chaffee actually) and big tank or rocket tank, little tank great at flanking and good gun too!

So should someone not play a vehicle just because chances are you’re gonna get blown up. Might as well not play infantry since you can get blown up too. Might as well not play planes since you can get shot down.

I love this game’s assymetrical balance and seeing various vehicles clashing together in a match.

1 Like

For anyone that actually strives towards maximizing their winchances, picking anything but the latest tank you unlock is pretty much trolling.

Later tank unlocks have just way more upsides.

• more armour so immune vs lower lvl tanks
  • better pen so it can actually tankfight compared to lower level tanks
  • way more splashdamage to hold capture zones and buildings down

Since there is no “light tank” and “heavy tank” only maps, there is 0 reason to not just run the latest tank unlock you can get.

1 Like

Are you saying I should choose SU-85 over both t-34/85? Mhhhhm… :thinking:

Ofc there are exceptions, but you get the idea what I am saying and I know it.

Why do you want to pick a Pz4 over a Panther in normandy?
Why would you ever pick a Panther when you unlocked a Tiger in normandy?

Why would you drive a T28 over T50 and why a T50 over a T34 in Moskau?

You get the idea.

Once the merge is released, I think this problematic will be highly less significant anyway. Still noticeable, but really not important.