Anti-cheat software change

Commanders, in the coming days Enlisted will transition to a new anti-cheat software, BattlEye. With its help, we’ll be able to combat forbidden modifications even more effectively!

For honest players, nothing will change, just our old anti-cheat software will simply be replaced by BattlEye!

ADVANTAGES OF THE NEW ANTI-CHEAT

BattlEye already protects dozens of different multiplayer shooters. It will be very useful in Enlisted too! It effectively fights against unfair play, working on both server and client side, constantly checking for interference in the game processes. Thus, most hacks are completely blocked from the very beginning.

EVERYTHING WILL HAPPEN AUTOMATICALLY!

Replacing the protection system will take a little time and will occur during one of the launches of the Enlisted client. Afterwards, you’ll be greeted by a new protection system window at the start of the game.

BattlEye will only work while the Enlisted client is running and will not affect your system’s performance!

29 Likes

Nice thing! Any hints for the next major update?

6 Likes

I don’t know much about different anti cheat softwares.

But seeing DF talking about fighting cheats recently, means they do care about it.

So, it’s good.

7 Likes

As always, soon*tm

5 Likes

Is EAC not that reliable anymore?

2 Likes

Are there any specific reasons for changing from Anti-Cheat to BattleEye? Is it due to system issues or financial reasons? If it’s confidential, there’s no need to answer.

2 Likes

We do want to show that steps are always being taken to enhance the player experience, and not let a pesky AI that hits a miraculous shot lead to perceptions that we do nothing about forbidden modifications. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

also curious as to why the change, is Battleye more effective in some ways?

That’s pretty cool. I wouldn’t have expected the devs to bother with something like this. Having a different anticheat than what WT has.

4 Likes

Sweet. EasyCheat has a bad reputation for being trash

BattlEye should work more efficiently and make things more streamlined for us relating to the current methods we use for punishing problematic players.

It’s not due to financial or system issues. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can I ask you how you actually deal with inappropriate player nicknames?
Nicks that advocate, say, genocide, etc.

Do those players get banned or are they just forced to change their name? Or is it not addressed in any way?

I know it’s not exactly cheating. It just feels pretty related. And I don’t know how that even works.

4 Likes

EAC is just garbage software that only was used due to being popular years ago. that company constantly under performed and directly contributed to the rise of cheaters in many games.

considering how long it takes them to ban a small group of people easy cheat is a slow process.

2 Likes

I’m not super confident in Battleye as it’s the anticheat that PUBG and Rainbow 6 Siege uses, which are both still full of hackers. Battleye’s website also hasn’t been updated since 2017, and their twitter account hasn’t been active since 2021? If it’s better than EAC at behind-the-scenes stuff then great! All for better tools to help ban cheaters more effectively

I believe Battle eye is ran by Ubisoft… Does that mean a possible Uplay/ubisoft connect launch?

Will this anti-cheat work on Linux?

1 Like

if that’s the case why doesn’t gaijin make there own anti cheat software.

well i downloaded enlisted on steam deck so i think it will

i looked it up and yes battle eye does support Linux.