Animation improvements

Commanders, with the last update, we have improved the soldier’s movement animations in Enlisted!

Motion Matching algorithms have already made some of the transitions between movement animations much more realistic, such as sudden movements from a standing position, stopping after running or sprinting and turning in place. We plan to use this technology further to create additional transitional animations from other body positions.

Also, with Motion Matching, your soldiers’ feet now “slide” much less when they turn or stop. And thanks to the improved inverse kinematics, you are now less likely to experience the “walking on air” effect on uneven terrain or its opposite, feet sinking into the ground.

51 Likes

Fantastic! @James_Grove when can we expect some news about the new toys and the veteran’s box?

15 Likes

22c521758724f711fb07c61b58118e32

27 Likes

Will there be any Important Update information today?

4 Likes

Torso still seems a bit sriff but I guess legs were the focus.
It’s a masive improvement. GJ

3 Likes

Also I had this on my exam this year.
Fun
Good to know somebody also suffers :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Looks like the designers got a raise, they’re working hard. hahaha

3 Likes

This is a solid start. I would really want to see the objects on the soldier’s body move a bit while they walk. I think it was present in a trailer from the pre-Alpha days. Though it can affect the FPS a bit I guess.

2 Likes

When it be ready ofc c:

4 Likes

I just want some new toys to play with.
Screenshot_20240926-184422

10 Likes

Thanks.

so this means that now the soldiers dont gonna look like rag dolls?

seems to be cool : )

“when german 100 rounds belt fed mg?”

6 Likes

any news today.

next major update alongside with 250 round MG :smirk:

5 Likes

Although this is unrelated to the current topic, I have an important question.
A few months ago, I was able to see the player ranks on the scoreboard during the game or after it ended.
However, after a recent minor update, I can no longer see the ranks of my teammates.
Have the developers completely removed the system that allows us to see teammate ranks? Or is it temporarily disabled to make way for a new and improved system?
The rank system helped us somewhat gauge the skill level of our team.
I don’t understand why it was removed

5 Likes

Lol is this another AI work? All I noticed is that instead of standing at full height, the soldier is slouching as if he really needs to go to the toilet, I don’t like it at all. Do the work with your hands not with AI technologies.

2 Likes

It’s intended to PREVENT:

It’s a good thing. Ranks did not help mm at all…

1 Like

動畫 (6)
I wanna dance with this

2 Likes

What I meant is that it served as some basis for judging our team’s skill level, not that it was a complete standard.
I would understand removing the system that shows ranks to teammates if it was done after implementing a proper system (such as skill-based matchmaking between users), but the developers removed it without any countermeasures.

4 Likes

Looks fantastic! Maybe next visual improvement would be to rework some reload animations. Some examples are type 99 sniper, g41 w and mp 43/1

Good job devs

2 Likes