Allow us to select insignia/symbol censorships

Was it possible? I remember you said it was impossible before @1942786

then I Suggest bringing back swastikas/german symbols for some Clients if their countries are legally allowed to use those. then it would work.

그룹 1

And if someone doesn’t want those, allowing them to use a censored version will do either.

38 Likes

you could do 2 options (with or without symbols) and you could force filter it in banned countries with IP.

1 Like

Someone posted time ago that because he live in netherland he get always base star weapon wen him buy one because of the rule of the country on game, (he even posted a pic with the message) so is 100% fattibile do this with IP or account home region or like @35282387 already posted

1 Like

This is a good idea. I don’t want to be forced to filter these symbols. In fact, there is no law prohibiting these symbols in China, but Chinese (commonly used) live broadcasting platforms will unreasonably reject them, even if they are not illegal.
So when I play on my own (rather than live streaming and recorded videos), I want the original flag version

9 Likes

so I guess some streamers trying to aovid trouble huh?
nothing wrong with that, I think just add an switch in option will do and it won’t cause much trouble to make one.
Just don’t use language to force filter.

1 Like

benelux countries have anti gambling law for games (aka anti lootbox law). and cause you could buy weapons with real money, you would be actually “gambling”.

so overall it is good law, just that it goes into extreme in some cases.

1 Like

Keo said it’s hard due to the Technical problems more than twice before. that’s why I’m suggesting this like this.

This made me remind, wen i go to school in front of the school there are 3 “gambling point” the trhee owner wo work in them hate eachother so much thath they start sell: food,drink the last one become a semi-Bar for take client from the other two, one night all of them go in flame and the culprit was the owner of the minimarket because he loss client because them sell food and dink at low price than him

actually it is not that hard. just that it requires some development time. there are few ways how it could be implemented. if there are models ready it could probably be day or two job for programmer to implement it.

just idk how rigid corporate structure is in DF. in some corporations for hour of coding, you would need to spend 2-3 hours in meetings and emails specifying and justifying everything. and that is when it actually reaches programmer. so even though it seems like small job, it could take weeks or months to be implemented.

well Idk then, cus iirc 2077 got something called streamer option which will turn off you know what contents if people are trying to stream the game that’s kinda why I thought it won’t be much trouble.
My guess is they just don’t have the time and energy to do it rn cus update is so near, maybe after new update came and stable then they would be more willing to deal with it.
But yeah, should be an easy solution which will makes everybody happy about this.

An on/off option would probably get rid of 99% of arguings on the matter.

6 Likes

I guess I fully don’t what has been censored, if they have not molded IJN Special Naval landing Force troops, then the only place you likely see the Rising sun flag on Land would be over and IJN base or being Displayed by IJN troops, otherwise it was rare for the IJA to ever show it.

Normally the IJA just used the national Flag.

There is nothing offensive about the rising sun flag, it has no stigma associated with it like the swastika does.

1 Like

Correct, the Swastika is emblematic of the Nazi Regime, as it was exclusively the Nazis who used it, and forced the symbol upon the rest of the country. The Rising Sun is more akin to the Iron Cross, a symbol that shows up throughout the it’s respective countries past, regardless of regime. Neither are emblematic of any single government or ideology like the swastika is, but of the military of it’s respective nation, hence why both are still in service today.

3 Likes

At this point what makes enlisted different than censored (and failed) games like bf v or cod vanguard?

bf V “flags”:

1 Like