Aircraft Gunners

The best german plane killer is the MK108 30mm. That thing rips IL2 wings right off. I want that ME262 for Berlin with those 4x 30mm cannons

Planes are irrelevant in Berlin, and Soviet attacker planes are mostly trash. Nobody would ever use it lol

Mostly trash?

Skill issue?

They are amazing at CAS. Literally all of them.

The IL2-37 and the bersion with 4 rockets will destroy everything. Especially objective called hitlers bunker.

Okay they are completely OP Soviet planes are as good as P47 if that would make you happy

I’ve been using the BF 109 G10 for ages now can never manage an instakill like that impressive.

most aircraft in this game tend to be bullet spundges.

The low damage of Axis cannons doesn’t justify the low ammo count.

If your tank is not full of your AI soldiers, your friend can come up in your tank and enter it and depending if you’re the gunner or the driver, drive it or use its armament

1 Like

Nice addition! pardon me but may i ask where’s movable AT cannons and shovels for other campaigns ?

1 Like

There are a lot of cap points completely in the open where defenders can be wiped out by a well aimed CAS run. Planes are all but irrelevant.

Also, you clearly haven’t tried German 30mm, which happen to be amazingly good against both planes AND infantry. A Me-262A2 with bombs and cannons would be so effective that I’m not even sure what Russians could get as a comparable counterpart.

But

Okay planes in Berlin are completely useless if that would make you happy.

Yeah that’s exactly what happened to the magnum in Halo CE, a typo made it super powerful.

Just tried to equip extra crew on some of my attackers, some seem locked to 1 crew only, so the suggestion of saving time isn’t possible, I guess will just have to wait for update…

As for FW190 D12 - I did a test on practice against barrage balloons, fired 30mm and all they did was explode the rounds, it did not destroy the balloon itself, 20mm cannon did in a couple of shots?

@1942786 Hi, I think it would be good to check some of the cannon ballistics in certain aircraft mate.

Im using them each in the pilot seat just to upgrade them atm

1 Like

Good idea!

Have you tried the Fw190 D12 on Berlin in Practice mode? 30mm acts very strange against those balloons?

Just dont forget to gun them up :wink: If you want to save money well you could switch them. But its better to prep them now in my opinion if they all are going to jump together later on

1 Like

Finally a reason to actually evade enemy attacks - so far it has only been a way to delay the inevitable by a minute or two bc you can’t get anyone off your ass if you have a really heavy attacker
However, I do share the concerns of my previous commenters. There’s a risk nobody ever picks fighters anymore if attackers keep tanking shit the way they do rn…
Well, it’s still a Beta, so it’s basically the default way to test stuff like this in a live situtaion.

Its in Berlin so havent unlocked it yet. But if i know 30mm right from the BF110 those tend to dip pretty fast

It’s a joke, I have 1900 matches and at least 20k kills with aircraft as Axis in Normandy and you told me I haven’t tried 30mm.

So that’s the reason why it shouldn’t be added into Berlin.

I don’t know which kind of standard is in your mind, but there’s much more open space in Normandy too, except those two new maps. In all other maps defenders are completely exposed to enemy P-47 and P51. Fact check: In all 4 campaigns germans have the WORST aircraft in Berlin, and Soviet planes are even worse. By “relevant” I clearly mean planes like Ju188 and P-47. The best german and Soviet planes in Berlin have only the same setup as an american FIGHTER.

Ah ok, these 30mm don’t drop as bad, it’s the fact you shoot balloons for at least 20hits before they blow up…

@1942786 will gunners on bigger planes be able to replace a killed pilot?
I can understand that in a Stuka the gunner wont be able to jump to the cockpit and safe the plane but on a bomber like the the JU188 why should the gunners just stay at their station, accepting their death when they could save their lives and the plane?

1 Like