Aircraft Gunners

Your friend will walk to your position for 30 minutes and die tripping over a tree stump.

5 Likes

Then I’ll build a rally for him.
Although what’s the point of big maps then.

I would make fun of him then promptly do the same

Consoles would explode with a 30v30 :smiley:

not relevant. but since keofox is active here, im going to ask if you guys could get us a toggle sprint option. my pinky finger hurts from holding shift so much
 :frowning:

2 Likes

so you’re basically saying that the hit reg is so utterly shit that 90% of the hits dont get registered?

just to be clear.

Good job devs. Thanks for listening.

Also Keofox, what is your or the devs principal of changing the weapons or squads in the campaign, is it a hard no or is there situation where it could happen?

I think there is a setting or its default but pressing W twice and holding you go into a sprint.

I don’t quite understand your question.

Yeah i know. its not quite the same tbh. since i have to release w to make my soldier stop sprinting and its kinda wonky when it comes to cqb. but i use it to rest my hand when i have to run 200 meters cause no one will ever place a rally point but me. lol

@1942786 will your team add COOP gameplay for planes and tanks? Only for people that have been invited through the lobby ofc. Sharing a tank or a plane with my clanmates would be uber nice and really enrichen gameplay

A lot of friends of mine have been asking about if it’s possible to fly together as a team or be part of a tank crew. That would be so much fun and make more people play enlisted.

I’m sure because this question came up several times when I was talking about my new addiction in gaming.

I don’t believe for one second that it is ‘fair’, because the flight models in the game are not realistic, or at least very subpar to what you can see in war thunder, if your plane is damages in this game, it just turns worse or gains less speed and that’s about it, that’s about as far as it goes, and because of that you have to unload your mags hoping to get a lucky pilot shot or else you’re sure to have to reload to down a single damn plane, no IL2 could survive 30+ rounds of 151s in real life, or at least wouldn’t be flying straight past that point

I hope you guys are working on this and things will get better, but you cannot and shouldn’t dismiss the fear of the community about this change right now, because it already feels like a chore and a waste of a squad to have a fighter to shoot down bombers/other fighters, so I can already (and safely) assume that making bombers even stronger and more useful isn’t going to help anyone here, I’m really not sure why you guys felt like prioritizing such a feature in the first place when air combat already feels broken/pointless/meaningless/bad (depending on the player, campaign, and planes in question)

I also understand that getting a better idea of the damages you’re dealing to your enemy will help with the ‘feel’ of how much damage you’re doing, a lot, but you’re not going to fool anyone that has any sort of experience with planes about the current flight and damage models being accurate, that’s all I have to say on this

1 Like

press twice the key you run with, while pressing the “w” key and voila.

Yeah i know. its not quite the same tbh. since i have to release w to make my soldier stop sprinting and its kinda wonky when it comes to cqb. but i use it to rest my hand when i have to run 200 meters cause no one will ever place a rally point but me. lol

I think he’s asking whether dev willing to change some unlock on campaign line if necessary postlauch. for example, replace MP40 in Tunisia with other weapon

3 Likes

Exactly.

Or replace the Mkb in Moscow with a sniper gewehr 41

I am not aware of such plans.

1 Like

I think this is a brilliant update, no more defenceless attackers, as for damage models, Keofox has indicated they will review, but I have not seen much which won’t go down, except IL2

I wrote a post today, perhaps @1942786 you can confirm, the plane mg and cannons do have damage drop off, if I am very close to an enemy aircraft, I can make them catch fire, blow off parts of aircraft, but I mean literally crashing distance close! If on the other hand I am far, 20mm shows hits (not small bullet holes) but takes longer.

The reason I would like this question answered is, when tail gunners added, what will happen if there is damage drop off and gunners shooting at you?

I literally track my enemies until I see enemy pilots eyeballs and then open fire!

2 Likes

Let’s put it this way:

If the current damage model of planes is supposed to be OK,

Then the current damage output of 20mm guns in particular is heavily broken to a near-uselessness level.

If they were any less harmful, they’d start repairing enemy planes instead of damaging them.

3 Likes