Aircraft Carriers

How can you identify when someone does that? I’ve crashed numerous times when bombing from reasons ranging from “owww shit i forgot about that tower” to “owww shit i clipped a wing” and “oww shit i didn’t take into consideration the hill behind the beach”

3 Likes

This is more exiting news! I truly hope they are sinkable, so enemy can’t fly planes for a match.

But not via suicide, but accurate bombs maybe.
(Which won’t blow up if they crash their plane 1.5secs afterwards) to stop suicide bombing…

1 Like

Saratoga

9 Likes

aka crashing

1 Like

yes.

9 Likes

The crew can staple your plane back together in 30 seconds

1 Like
  1. Looks cool
  2. Will probably encourage suicide bombing due do effort required to rearm
  3. Will probably hinder air to air combat as the winer will be the one who gets in range of his AAA. (Assuming there will be anyone to have air to air combat with in the first place.)
  4. All above in combination with engineers’ AA gun and SPAA as an early unlock will probably cause this campaign to be a very poor plane experience.
6 Likes

I don’t mind if it is just an object, but if you put a destroyer around it, I would be happy.

4 Likes

I have to training it for future campaign…

10 Likes

In the current game mode, if you want to win, you just need to kill yourself and switch to infantry.

But it’s okay for fun, and it’s going to be as irrelevant as skydiving.

My Il2 beggs to differ

1 Like

When will the major update be?

1 Like

Good!Can you show me the picture? And what kind of ship is a Japanese ship?

I hope they replace A6M2 mod.11 and P-400 to A6M2 mod.21 and F4F-3. They have landing equipment and more suitable for Pacific campaign.
IDK American but at least A6M2 mod.11 will not fought over Pacific because only 59 were built and fought in Chinese front.

5 Likes

Anytime I go up flying my team just collapses. So i crash and go play inf to win the game.

5 Likes

Nice.
Glad to see new things added to the game, even the correct hand positioning of the pilot.

Hope to see some ships for the D-Day landing or at least landing crafts, soldiers shouldn’t just appear out of thin air on the beach.

5 Likes

@1942786 are the devs looking at improving pilot models? I know it’s probably way down the list on things to improve.

1 Like

Air missions?!

Am I reading this correctly, are we going to have air vs air battles or naval battles? That would be awesome! The only thing I felt that would be left to rot not quite fitting into the scope of War Thunder’s present direction, nor Enlisted’s infantry emphasis!

Though I am really hoping that in the future the capacity to bring forward massed air power will be able to sink some carriers, with some losses of course.

2 Likes

USS Saratoga

As keofox stated all american carrier wo gonna show in future pacific isles be based on this one

IJN Akagi

From dev blog image i think japanese carrier and future one probably gonna be based on here

1 Like

It mean all plane start from the carrier and land on here for refuel and restore ammo before fly again to support ground forces, those is an air mission