Aircraft Carriers

The amount of ordnance they need to sink them in War Thunder exceeds what you’ll realistically even be able to field in Enlisted.

1 Like

People like me who fly in real life would go through the troubl.

I flew in the Battle of Moscow with the Ju 87 B-2 after the Sb-2m. At a distance of no more than 20-25 meters. I fired all 1000 rounds of MG 17 ammunition at him. And nothing? The plane continued on its way. And I had to go back to base to reload ammo. In this game, apart from bombs and rockets, there is no point in fighting in the air. First, fix the plane damage model, then add items related to them (aircraft carriers / airports, etc.).

3 Likes

How should hydroplane take off from aircraft carrier?

5 Likes

very good. :heart:

Maybe the development team is thinking about suicide planes, so how about the situation in other campaigns?

Look forward to more new mechanism, such as respawn scores.

Hopefully the carrier won’t be a missile launcher

2 Likes

sure, no problem with that, i would do so also to repair the plane, but for ammo?.. seems a bit too much

1 Like

I would think a good amount of XP should be granted for a successful landing/rearming

4 Likes

War thunder system is you start flying next to the carrier, and can rearm by landing next to one.

1 Like

as long has a value that can be tweaked in the editor, it’s not of a concern of mine how much will it take.

i’m just wondering if can be sunken or not within enlisted.
( an actual possibility that can be then tweaked inside the editor )

in the base game, i don’t think would really change something to sink it or not guess that’s a plus to do, but eh.

1 Like

One thing is for sure. This is a testing ground to put airfields in all campaigns

6 Likes

OR… here’s a thought. Regular ammo point in the sky and extra XP and plane repair when landing on aircraft carrier. Just a thought…

3 Likes

I’m not sure I get your point.

Mine is, most players will probably skip planes altogether, because mandatory takeoff and landing to rearm takes A LOT of time, meanwhile you’re useless to the team and earn nothing. So why bother?

All tanks will be soft enough that engineers’ guns will deal with them just fine at any distance.

Moreover, the lack of planes in the air will leave SPAAGs free to focus on infantry.

7 Likes

What do you mean next to a carrier? Landing and rearming in ocean?

Yeah, it’s a pain when the carrier is moving, but doable.

Give players good XP for landing or taking off. To incentivize them to do same.

4 Likes

That just won’t happen. People would just farm by taking off and landing.

I’m pretty sure we need a respawn score mechanic, otherwise the carrier will be a missile launcher.

In addition, it may be necessary to increase the number of players, otherwise, among the 10 players, too few aircraft or too many aircraft will cause ground or air combat to become scarce

4 Likes

Well devs need to do some massive penalties for people who want to suicide bomb then. Players need to put on their big boy/girl pants on and learn how to fly properly without being a noob that just spawns and drops payload while crashing.

10 Likes

Interesting fact: It is impossible to operate A6M2 “Zero” model 11 on the aircraft carrier.

It did not had mechanism to fold wing, radio locator to return to aircraft carrier, and tail hook which is necessary to land on aircraft carrier.

p.s. P-400 is army fighter so it can’t land on aircraft carrier, too. What a balanced level design!

22 Likes

That’s quitter talk, just land with your gear up

6 Likes