Add engineers to ALL premium squads, as well as medics to medic squads

This one’s fairly straightforward, while they have done great work with premium squads and their engineers, but they’re is still a fair amount of squads that are lacking engineers.

They’ve already shown that if they can’t add an engineer to a squad they can add a engineer slot. This would go a long way in helping premium squads. And adding the slot from my understanding is largely due to incompatibility with the new system and their spaghetti code. But it’s still possible to get an engineer into those squads.

Some of these squads include:

Rifle Squads

Germany

• Gewehr 41(M) Squad, Tier III
  • Gerät 03 Squad, Tier V
  • Moschetto M91 Squad, Tier I
  • Lebel 1886 M93 Squad, Tier I

USSR

• Mosin M44L Squad, Tier I
  • AKT-40 Squad, Tier IV

USA

• Berthier M16 Carbine S

Japan

• Type 99 Rifle (Long), Tier II

These are the squads that are still missing engineers. And consist of just 9 riflemen.

• Edit: because I may not have been clear enough (my fault), these squads would not have more than 9 people. They would consist of 8 rifleman and 1 engineer.

Another thing I noticed, This would be to bring medic squads in line for the Russians and Germans:

• Orita m41, 3 medics, 1 engineer At Tier II
  • PPSH-2, 3 medics, 1 engineer At Tier II

The American and Japanese equivalents have 4 medics, plus an engineer while also being at Tier 1 versus the German and Russian squads being at Tier 2. It only makes sense to add an extra medic to both of these squads to bring them more in line with the tier 1 medic Squads.

7 Likes

They shouldn’t get engineer slot, there’s no need for 10 men squads.

My point with this is replacing one of the riflemen. They’ve already done so with some of the squads. They would still retain their 9 man squad, but with 8 riflemen and an engineer.

5 Likes

If that’s doable, why not.

1 Like

Which squad are you talking about? I don’t think they had done any.

This has not been done.

very questionable in that case, to replace one soldier in already bought premium squad. I think there is more risks on it then pluses, since most of the squads have now a free engineer slot that community asked before.

1 Like

Like my marocan, they need one engee (just replace one riffleman)

:slight_smile:

This is what I was getting at.

They were able to do it for a lot of the other squads.

If it poses a risk I’m curious what that risk would be. Is it messing with code? Or upsetting the player base?

I’m just wondering how feasible it is. :slight_smile:

Adding a slot to add engineer is very different from replacing one rifleman.

There are Engies in Preemie Squads. Even retroactively

Yep, but it was adding a new soldier slot
For 9 men premiums you can’t add a new soldier slot because 10 man squads only for premiums wouldn’t really be seen well
And replacing premium soldiers in existing squads is much more difficult, even just changing the names on the existing japanese radio operators is hard

It would be replacing one of the riflemen with an engineer. So it would still remain a 9-man rifleman Squad, with eight rifleman and one engineer.