Soviet vs Japan TT items

IS 3 is just powercreeping IS 2 while not solving the reload issues of the 122mm gun while beeing basicly a post war tank that did not had time to participate in the war.
O-I has 11 man crew so it is very unlikely to be added as the devs are unable to create even just 10 man squads due to spagetti codeing.

6 Likes

They really need to add better AT launcher as the IS tanks have 90mm of side armor which makes even side shooting it with existing launcher kinda imposible/hard. The type 4 just cant and type 5, which lacks a scope for prooper aiming, might not even pen if there is still a bit of an angle left. Similar to how the type 4 cant even sideshot the pershing even if less worse.

Source for such claim?
They didn’t do such thing for now doesn’t mean they can’t.

2 Likes

I doubt they will focus on Soviet and Japan equipment because of this, just look at Rzhev.
I think they will just add stuff normally.

1 Like

Every time they justified not giving an engie to premium rifleman squads.

3 Likes

Doubt, according to this helper it is because they don’t want premium squad to have more soldier than normal squad.

But still this would be worst case an 11 man assault squad with a ride ontop of it.

So what? This is still a vehicle squad instead of assault squad they are not comparable to the premium rifleman squad situation.

Lol using a super sluggish and big tank as a ride.

No, we need Chi-Ha

I would rather want T-44 and T-44-100 (T-44-122 also could be added), IS-3 could be foldered up inside IS-2 1944.

O-I may be be too wide for the roads if they add some more urban environments, also remember half of the time you will be fighting against murricans on old Pacific maps and with O-I you won’t be able to leave spawn since you are too damn huge and will get stuck on every single prop or terrain. They would need to first remake maps for the O-I.

2 Likes

IJN Type 92 Light Machinegun. ==>DP-27 or DPM, or something.

would also be nice to see it come in alongside the Lewis gun for the allies.

The Type 2a (1934) (in like 6.5x30mm)… would be good for a tier V assaulter weapon;

1 Like

The reason why I’m saying what kind of equipment is because they usually add one or two things to each faction. And they’re definitely going to have to add something to the Japanese to counter the IS tank line, which would have a trickle down effect to being able to deal with the perishing effectively. The type 4 may potentially be able to do it but it’s still a very weak rocket launcher. So I feel like they would add something to the Japanese to help them in the AT department, alongside adding a few more things to both factions.

1 Like

Definitely need the type 92, that would be the perfect counter to the DPM and DP-27. The type 2 1934 That would also be a good SMG for BRV.

1 Like

Isn’t that the entire point of adding the hunk of wood to the game?

From a tank standpoint yes, But unless you’re using that tank or similar weapons you’re not going to be able to counter most of the heavy armament thrown at you as the Japanese. So explosive packs are really the only way to go if you’re not using the Ho-Ri reproduction, or a plane as a good pilot capable of dropping a bomb directly on a tank. I’ve never seen someone take out a heavy tank such as the tiger 2, IS2 or perishing with a 50 kg bomb. Not saying it’s impossible but it’s very difficult to pull off and unlikely.

Dude a 50kg landed 5 feet away from my LVT from a bombing run and yellow’d a guy. You better be bringing 250kg bombs. Especially at III-V

If it’s Khalkhin Gol, then the weapons will be pre-1940, most likely. So a BRI-III game.

1 Like

IS tank line isn’t much stronger than US Jumbo and Pershing.
So if dev think current Japan tank is sufficient to counter Jumbo and Pershing, they will also think it is sufficient against IS tank line.

1 Like

Not sure if adding a tank that even the Tiger 2 and Ho Ri cant pen is the greatest idea. The IS 3 will just be cancer to fight. In WT you litterly have only a few very tiny spots of green that some dont even kill the tank with the buffed post pen dmg of WT.

We could easily add both, besides Japanese severely lacking on equipment anyways.