A solution to grayzone tanking

TANKS SHOULD NOT be able to fire their shells and mg, only being able to move, not being able to get hurt by infantry and tanks, and the crew can’t leave the tank, the only thing the tank can do is move (to obv exist the grayzone). if the tank will not move in 5 minutes, it will start to get damaged just like how tanks in their own gray zone get damaged

1 Like

Bad idea.

Tanks close to objective will be quickly destroyed by infantry and only litter the map.

13 Likes

All that will mean is more cover for infantry and less tanks bearing down on them, which is a good thing.

1 Like

I agree with you that there are problems/abuses with the gray zone.
The problem is a little more complex than this, as I believe that the gray zone was created to counteract spawn camping.
But this has resulted in some taking advantage of this gray zone, for example camping using tanks, like gray zone as a protective blanket against infantry attacks.

I think we have to find a unified way to solve/minimize all problems, otherwise we will be solving one problem at the expense of creating others.

2 Likes

Just make it so that kills from within the grey zone don’t count. You don’t get XP for them. You don’t get silver. They don’t reduce enemy spawn tickets. And maybe have a small pop up warning you of this. You can still shoot and kill the enemy, but it doesn’t do much for you beyond that.

1 Like

Game is like rock paper scissors.
Tank deals with infantry mostly
aircraft deal with tank
infantry deal with aircraft
They can handle each other but thats the flow i see in this game and is fair, so if you’re complaining about greyzone tanks, get an aircraft that can deal with it. That’s what I do anyways

2 Likes

Maybe have tanks in the grey zone stay marked longer.

My initial reaction when I see grey zone camping is to hop into a plane and bomb the tank which usually takes care of it. The problem is sometimes its hard to see the tank from the air because of how the graphics load in.

If people mark they grey zoning tanks it will last for 10 seconds or whatever. Maybe change it so if a tank is sitting in the grey zone then the mark lasts 1 minute instead of 10 seconds, so everyone can see it.

3 Likes

You can just aggressively spam V and mark it for yourself. :smile:

But your idea is good nevertheless.

3 Likes

That is a good tip. I do that already but I have the “mark” bound to one of my thumb mouse buttons instead of V cause that’s what works best for me.

1 Like

This is why it is necessary to prepare high-performance anti-tank equipment or vehicles
Don’t be a crybaby
think about how to fight

3 Likes

Juste a good pilote + bombs + spot tank by team (or spam V into the plane).

Tank close to enemy infantry = dead tank.
So tanks will be inuseable in a lot off maps… And Enlisted will be an other COD like, but with bots squads…

With a good team, a tank can survive near enemy infantry, or against an extremelly bad enemy team.

Given how terribly bad infantry support is, as it will never ever be given to tanks it will be wuite bad for tankers. Because this game is all about meat rushing the objective on mass, tanks will fall prey to ambushes all the time and die the most stupid deaths without fulfilling their role of supporting the troops. As it stands, they need to gray zone camp.

However, with that said, I do think that the point you make have some merit to it. A great number of other things would need to change as well ind order to make your idea an actually viable solution to this problem.

so, maybe just make kills, assists, anything resoluting in xp not count while in greyzone??

I understand the grey zone spamming is an issue, but at the same time, you shouldn’t take away Tank’s greatest PDW. But if you really want this to happen, you have to give something in return. You give tanks their mgs and eliminate their overheating bug; instead, let it be purely based on ammo. That way they can’t greyzone camp with their main gun but also aren’t defenseless.

1 Like

Blud I got the at weapons for it but I can’t penetrate the front armor of a tank

In real life war there is no gray zone, so there should be no gray zone for tanks in the game. If they are on the map actively engaged then you should have the right to kill them, where ever they are.

3 Likes

This suggestion sounds terrible to me. It will just feel annoying on the tank side and will probably require all greyzones on each map to be reevalued.

The just hop in a plane suggestions here kinda work, but also not really, cause unless you have premium there’s no guarantee you actually have a plane, as you might have chosen a tank instead. And allies might have taken the plane slot up already and are not bombing the tank. There needs to be a solution that can be done purely by using infantry, since that is something you always have access to.

I’d rather see the grayzone be removed as long as an enemy tank is in it for more than a few seconds. This would mean infantry could push up to the tank. And yes that infantry could also spawncamp, but only till the tank is destroyed and the tank can target the spawncamping infantry. And there’s spawn protection on top of that anyways + no rallies on the attacker team in that area.

Another weak player with a weak idea. There are so many ways to disable such a tank. Don’t destroy it, just take it out of the fight. It can be blinded, damaged, forced to change position. But there will always be someone who doesn’t like the fact that each site has its own area of operation.

Learn to play, and don’t come up with ideas straight from BF or CoD. The tank is not intended for combat from 50 meters, but for firing from medium and long distances.

And the combat areas are large enough that there will always be a safe path.

You just need to think for yourself, and not the usual stereotypes that a team only has SMG and fragmentation grenades.

And the best thing is that the best and least appreciated department are engineers. Engineers can destroy planes, tanks, they can have as much ammunition as they want, but no. The players came with the common belief that assaulters are the best.

Ok so since this is about greyzone tanking some maps are worse than others. So for example lets look at the open areas of Quarry. As infantry you have somewhat limited options here. Most infantry anti tank weapons aren’t able to reliably hit tanks over that range and as soon as you try you will get an HE shell. So those options are prolly limited to anti tank rifles and over those distances mostly on tracks. Which doesn’t really stop the tank from destroying your team.

Blinding: This is also a little more difficult since you can’t get close, but mortar and radio operator squady can throw smokes. Which kinda work, but the problem is that the map is farely open and the tank can still get plenty of kills if they remember where to aim to hit certain spots. So while it does weaken them it doesn’t remove the threat. It’s also temporary.

The best option is probably anti tank squads and pioneer squads building anti tank cannons. You just need to manage to do so without being spotted at all, which can be a challenge on that open map. And in the worst case you have to take out 2 tanks before being spotted. But this is definetly the best and most reliable option infantry has as long, as you have one of those 2 squads off cooldown.

The thing is that all of those options are rather unreliable and rely on the enemy team not paying enough attention. While yes this is a worst case scenario for a map that is really vehicle dominant, I don’t think the complaints are usually about the maps, where infantry has solutions and the ability to avoid tanks. Does this mean this is a map problem, rather than mechanics? Maybe, but seeing it as such would mean having to redesign maps to be less open, reducing map variety.

The problem with your idea is map design. Imagine being unable to fire until you’re just outside the objective. It would be unplayable

I still believe the best solution to gray zone tanks is a giant battle. Completely open map, multiple objectives, freedom to move, vehicle combat would be more fluid and dynamic

1 Like