šŸ‡«šŸ‡· A game about the Second World War without the French?

Add this champagne guzzler called Char 2C bis, I wanna drive this and beat the shit out of IS-2 1944 with 155mm canon while protected by 8 hotchkiss M1914 guns with 250rd belt lmfao:

3 Likes

Soonā€¦
4094cd0f73a45c73967356dfeee1101dd7d96634_2_305x500

5 Likes

(Upolaf)

ā€œAvez vous dit France?ā€

ā€¦

ā€œTaille haut!!!ā€

3 Likes

Well, this will be the second nation available for money. The first nation available for money is Finland.

yeah, assault rifle is simpler than AK, but its price is higher. and France hasnā€™t made them for 40 years, I think.

Itā€™d be cool if they fit some French stuff in the Allied Tree

2 Likes

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry so many people here hate your idea.

Unlike all the haters, I support the addition of a French faction.

I think it would be very unique and fun having a faction that can be queued as Allies OR Axis.

For France we would have early war France (eg Maginot Line, Dunkirk, Stonne), late war France, Free French forces in North Africa and French colonial forces in Indochina.

We would also have Vichy troops that fought my countrymen Australians in the Syria-Lebanon campaign and I believe Vichy soldiers were defending the beaches at Sicily?

I would also add the BENELUX countries. This would allow for early war Netherlands and Belgium troops and maps, as well as late war (late war Holland and Belgium maps would be good).

The Dutch were also in the Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia).

Thus, the French faction would cover Continental Europe (early and late war), the desert war and the Pacific War. Thatā€™s a pretty good lineup to me.

Between French, Dutch and Belgian weapons I think thereā€™d be a decent amount of native tech. Other forum posts have done an excellent job with creating hypothetical French tech trees.

My argument would be that not every tree needs to be chock a block full. Just look at Japan, which itself barely manages at BR V. Does every tree need to reach BR V?

A final note is that France is the only other full faction Id actually add to the game.*

So people can be reassured. There are various nations that should be added such as the Commonwealth but these would be sub trees within UK and Italy (which would become separate, but not new, factions.

*I personally am open to China however in discussions elsewhere there have been valid arguments raised why a whole Chinese faction wouldnt be the best on its own. China could be a sub tree within USSR or USA though.

So you saying soldier gets famas from star or space just like how some people believed that babies comes from space?

and which factory make them?

French faction weapon control settings already found in the game:

8 Likes

Failure of both French and British Army which is even more hilarious. They would fall even quicker if they were attacked by two nations like we did.

Dutch maps would be nice (or Benelux).
But please dont put the Dutch army in the game.
We (Iā€™m Dutch myself) had no real army and our country was taken over by Germany easy in just days.

Even worse was our business in Indonesia.
It was a colony of our country before WW2 (= we occupy their land, treat them bad and steal their stuff).
In WW2 Japan took it over and after they lost the war, Indonesia wanted to be free and started their own republic, but the Dutch wanted to steal their country and stuff again so we invaded their land and we committed war crimes upon these poor and innocent people.

Itā€™s alright, Iā€™ve been to Indonesia and Fort Rotterdam specifically at Makassar. The locals told me how Dutch, Japanese, it is all the same. If the Japanese had occupied Indonesia for as long as the Dutch did, they would hate them just as much as the Dutch.

My country Australia was one of the first Western countries to recognise independent Indonesia (one of the many reasons was we were not impressed with the Dutch government or their behaviour both towards the Indonesians and us Aussies).

However I donā€™t think any of that should affect whether Netherlands is added to Enlisted or not.

My main reason in mentioning Netherlands was to allow for more tech to the French tree and also because there were Dutch colonial forces fighting the Japanese (including a navy) so might as well use that as a way to allow this hypothetical faction to fight in Pacific maps.

Some Dutch East Indies or Timor maps would be good, along with New Guinea to add some much needed variety to the Pacific (both for maps and nations involved because it sure wasnt just the Yanks fighting in the Pacific)

1 Like

I have also been in Indonesia several times.
These people were always kind to me.
While we were so bad to them for centuries.
Yet in my country we still dislike our German neighbours for what they did to us for only 5 years.

The ironyā€¦

(my apologies, you can tell I am ashamed for my countries historical actions in Asia, hence my veto, but of course historically your suggestion makes good sense)

1 Like

Yes.
If those two cowardly nations hadnā€™t sold us out to the Germans during the Munich Agreement, itā€™s quite likely there would have been no WWII. And Germany would have been slapped right back.

Literally the worst allies ever. Never trust the British and French.

5 Likes

Well, germans, japs and other funny countries are already in the game :upside_down_face:
(joke)

3 Likes

I will put on my wooden shoes and throw cheese at the german invaders :laughing:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the fighter spirit!

2 Likes

Are you Czech or Slovak?

If so I agree. Thereā€™s a number of academic papers that have studied and proven how Czechoslovakia couldā€™ve beaten the Germans in 1938 for a variety of reasons. A win wouldā€™ve been even more likely with French and/or British help.

As an Australian I can agree on the British part, we were lied to for over 10 years about what Imperial Japan was up to. The ā€˜defence planā€™ for Singapore was basically non existent and when it all went wrong the English blamed the Australians. (which is a lie)

To return this to Enlisted I would like to see Free Polish and Free Czech soldiers added to British-Commonwealth squads. At minimum DF could give some soldiers Polish or Czech names.

Poland would be another potential sub tree for a French faction. Free Polish fought at Tobruk where they relieved the Aussies and New Zealanders, at Monte Cassino and various other battles. (maps of early war Poland like Battle of Westerplatte and Danzig Post Office would be good too)

3 Likes

Theres no good guysā€¦

Yes add french stuff BR 1 and 2 :slight_smile:

Could be on both sides lol

1 Like