A Collection of Anti-Tank Suggestions

This is a collection of various suggestions I’ve had for AT gameplay and mechanics. Some new, some are ideas I’ve posted before in the past. The devs operate on their own schedule and we may make suggestions but they fade into the past and collect dust as time goes on; so sometimes I think it’s good to give a refresher. I can imagine in a few months I’ll make the same post again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

First, make it so AT soldiers drop their gadget upon death. There have been times where I’ve killed enemy AT soldiers and thought to myself man I’d like to pick that up. Plus if our own AT soldiers die we have the opportunity to pick up their gadgets and continue the fight.

For British Engineers including Paratroopers rename their AT gun to QF 6-Pounder. While America and Britain did both use this same gun, it was British in origin and America later produced it as well. Britain may not be its own independent faction (yet) but it at least should feel unique like its own sub/mini faction. So British Engineer AT guns will be named QF 6-Pounder and American will be M1 as it is now.

For the Germans move the Panzerfaust 60 to BR 4 in the same folder as the Panzerfaust 100. They are basically the same exact with only a difference in range. Add the Faustpatrone and Panzerfaust 30 to BR 3 in its place.

This is more of an interesting hypothetical idea but what if we only had one single Panzerfaust. They were single shot, single use weapons, one and done. It makes sense that for other AT weapons to have multiple rounds because you wouldn’t carry one single Bazooka or Panzerschreck rocket. If they added the Goliath Tracked Mine they wouldn’t give us 5 of them. If we only had one single Panzerfaust it would make it so we have to make our shot count instead of bombarding the enemy. It would add skill to their use and be immersive

The Soviets are a little more complicated. Yes the Soviets did capture large quantities of them in the later stages of the war but I’ve always preferred and like that each faction be unique in their arsenals. There are various roads for this to take. The recently added lend lease Bazooka could be moved to BR 3. They could add some Soviet experimental AT weapons. The PTG-44, basically their equivalent to the Granatbusche, can be put in BR 4.
The LPG-44, the grandfather of the RPG, can be put in BR 5

However perhaps these experimental weapons will only be added as Event rewards one day. So in general I would just suggest that the Soviet captured Panzerfaust 60 and 100 could be moved to BR 4 (together in the same folder). And as stated I personally think the lend lease Bazooka should be moved to BR 3

Plus if AT soldiers dropped their gadget upon death then if you’re a Soviet and want a Panzerfaust go hunt for one

Next, I think AT squads should have their own unique AT gun than all the other squads. Every single squad with Engineers build the same exact AT gun. I like class diversification and prefer that every squad is unique in its capabilities so you have an actual reason to choose one over the other. What is the point of having Engineers in an AT squad if they can do the same thing as every other Engineer. What is the point of having an AT squad if you can put an AT soldier in most if not every other squad. AT squads should have a heavier more powerful AT gun.

Germans would still have the Pak 40 as it was their standard 75m AT gun. The other factions new Heavy AT Gun would be as follows
US
M5 3-inch Gun

UK, built by British AT squads
QF 17-pounder

Soviets, currently the Soviet squads build a captured German Pak 40, well I’d like them to be actually unique
ZiS-3

Italy, built by Italian AT squads
Cannone da 75/ 32 Modello 37

Japan
Type 90 75m Field Gun

Regular Engineers and even the gift engineers in any Premium squad or event would build a general purpose AT gun. It would still be decent at fighting enemy armor, but it wouldn’t be as effective as Heavy AT guns. Engineers are supposed to be a support class in the first place. American, British, and Japanese AT guns would remain the same. The new general purpose AT guns would be as follows

Soviets
ZiS-2

Germany
Pak 38

Italy, built by regular Italian squads
Cannone da 47/ 32

Finally, Flak Cannons, heavy anti-aircraft guns, frequently found themselves in the anti-tank and infantry role where they performed extremely and infamously well becoming great versatile weapons. Flak Cannons could be added to AT squads as their special unique squad construct just as Heavy Machine Guns.

They would be versatile and can be used against tanks, planes, and infantry. They would cost most if not all of your Engineer points so you couldn’t build anything else. The crew would be completely exposed unlike the shielded AT and AA guns and easy targets for pretty much everything. They would be the infantry’s greatest and ultimate weapon against any vehicle. I think the pros and cons of Flak Cannons make them a dynamically balanced weapon. Very powerful, very vulnerable.

US: 90 mm gun M1

UK: QF 3.7-inch AA

Soviet Union: 85 mm Air Defense Gun M1939 52-K

Germany: 8.8 cm Flak

Italy: Cannone da 90/53

Japan: Type 88 75mm AA Gun

7 Likes

Yes to rocket launcher dropping, no to the ammo being limited to one.

1 Like

I kinda agree about Anti tank gun, but for heavy Anti Air? No, 75mm is equivalent with current AT caliber with only difference they aim up while AT aim down. I prefer 40mm AA gun for BR V, and 75mm AT for BR V, if possible i want 88mm etc for AT tank squad but again, so many suggestion about this but none of them go into account.

I disagree in that I think Flak Cannons won’t be shredding up everything in the skies. They’re more of a trick weapon. Shooting planes is already squirrelly enough so it’s just going to be a lucky shot most of the time. Plus the Flak Cannon also has to deal with ground threats which are a greater priority than the sky. And likely you won’t encounter many of them in the first place because of their high cost and vulnerability.

I have thought of specifically heavy AA guns, not counting Flak Cannons, as a stronger AA gun similar to my Heavy AT gun idea. Maybe regular Engineers build a general purpose AA gun like the one we have now while AT could build a stronger one.

So AT would have a Heavy AT gun, Heavy AA gun, and Flak Cannon unique to their squad

I wouldn’t limit them for the same reason Heavy Machine Guns and Bombing Runs aren’t limited in any BR. It adds intensity to the battles as well as being a great AT weapon if there is a particularly powerful tank

Lol what joke is this? What special ability did panzerfaust in game has to “bombard” the enemy? It function the same as other at weapon in game, what is the point of nerfing them?

Weak.

Weaker.

Weak.

The general at gun that has more pen than your “heavy at gun”(Zis-3).

Weak.

Weak.

I suggest you to do some research about their penetration, instead of using the caliber of the gun to determine.

I meant that you have several of them on your person

I just thought it would be a neat immersive change. Single shot so you better use it wisely

Not to get meta but you are still capable of damaging most vehicles with these AT guns. Now of coarse they’re not going to be penning a King Tiger like smooth butter, but the point is they can fight most threats whether shooting at weak points, sides, etc

The Type 88 was seen as a great weapon against Shermans. Obviously you’re going to be able to damage enemy armor with it

Lol if you want immersive you should give it to every soldier. Single shot for at soldier is mostly useless.

Lol using at gun for side?
What is the point of giving weak at gun for a nation while other nation has way better at gun? Where is the balance? Not to mention those gun that I called weak will have trouble penning significant portion of the enemy tank from front.

Normal Sherman is not the only tank that Japan will face, not to mention that it will need to aim for specific weak spot to pen it.
Meanwhile heavy aa gun from other nation has way higher pen.

well i made this suggestion before