100th Customization rant now with pictures and actual suggestions

Many pointed out that currently appearance change orders are too scarse to customize a squad in all 5 campaigns, so I would refrain from speaking about that issue.
I have good faith that DarkFlow will redesign the customization and release it along side the new Ardeens scenario.

I would like to point out a few inconstencies which make customization problematic.
This is the same squad in different campaigns, Stalingrad, Berlin and Normandy respectively.
(some items did get mixed up a little bit while changing, sorry about that).

again same problem

the chest piece wont appear in the other campaign because it has a different pouch.
Outside of Stalingrad most camo options only comes with one type of pouches to keep the customization simple, but this makes it inconsistent, so I propose improving the UI for it:

select a specific piece of camo then choose pouch for it.

Ideally all customization options should come with same helmet, chest and pants.
Pouch options for different weapons should be available, at least 3 different: for rifle, automatic and something unique.
Examples of good customization:

pouches for automatic weapon:
Képernyőfelvétel (68)
pouches for rifleman
Képernyőfelvétel (69)
unique:
Képernyőfelvétel (70)
this one is an all time favourite, pouches can change accordingly to what backpack you equip:
Képernyőfelvétel (66)
Képernyőfelvétel (71)

Examples of bad customization:
mismatching pieces:

no real difference:
Képernyőfelvétel (74)

inconsistent pouches: I have large ammo pouch equipped which overwrites 1 of the StG44 pouch.

10 Likes

HAH

I know Im little naive.
Merge was rushed no questions about that, but the game can still recover.

3 Likes

They made a mess

I feel you. Made a suggestion recently, suggesting a complete overhaul of the customization system, you can see it in more detail:

You can also find other similar suggestions, including this one, that proposes an extensive change of what can be customized including pouches, among many other things.

2 Likes

Some good ideas right there, well done!

1 Like