A REQUEST FOR NEW COSMETICS (with some images) AND CUSTOMIZATION REWORK IDEAS (click it pls)

Hi, nice to know you are reading it :smiley:

I just have decided to play around in Photoshop to see how an Italian soldier from Tunisian campaign should look like in European campaigns for example. I really dislike how they must wear the German uniforms and helmets instead of their own. Here I have edited out my Italian Bersaglieri to make him look more normal:

You get the idea, instead of African hats they should just wear proper Italian helmets, and their uniforms would switch colours to suit certain campaign climates.
(seriously devs, its just a matter of a hue shift mostly, a day worth of work)
I believe that both British and Italian soldiers are being overlooked in terms of having proper cosmetic items now after a merge, but because I personally out of all armies I like Italians the most, here is another example how a proper Eastern Front Italian should look like xD:

jbd0wk6cqvc41

Speaking of Eastern Front, can I ask for this variant of the helmet? Looks nice:

Now about the rework, I believe it will be the hardest thing to do but at the end it may be worth the efforts, here is what I have in mind:

1. We should be able to pick camo and colours on our uniforms according to the personal preferences (in range of climate of certain campaigns)
  2. Same goes for leather parts such as belts or pouches, I would like to choose if either it could be colored black or brown and if shiny or not. Boots could also be affected by it.
  3. Remove all of the gear from uniforms and make them appear just by basing on the equipped items.
    I think that almost all of the avaiable uniforms dont make any sense regarding what they are actually showing. To explain it better, why binoculars are visible when Im not having such? Why magazine pouches are designed for totally different type of weapon than the one Im wearing? It all could be fixed if you would add such of an auto cosmetic equip for soldiers to have. If a certain soldier doesnt have a secondary equipped then there should be no holster visible, simple as that.
    I also honesly want to see big swords visible on soldiers, like from where the Japanese are even take out their katanas?
  4. Perhaps add some Enlisted Rank Epaulettes to wear for our soldiers, only one cosmetic of this kind could be used per squad/army. If possible it also could be done with collars.

Thanks for reading, now give me some feedback because I dont like being ignored :frowning:

12 Likes

There isn’t much to add other than the current customization is horrible and it needs many improvements.
I wouldn’t remove pouches, because in campaigns where they work well (which is only Stalingrad at the moment) they give quite a nice selection to choose from, if anything it would be better if we had more torso piece customization options.
You might like to read this, a suggestion of mine from earlier:

2 Likes

I surely will read about it, but about the pouches, I think that the arrangement of such could also be somewhat changed according to the preference. I just dont like having pouches for straight magazines while I am using curved ones for example xD

1 Like

Not every weapon in game has its specific pouch, even worse with weapons such as AS-44 which doesn’t have a pouch for obvious reasons.
But I agree, I generally try fo equip my troops with the most realistic looking pouch.

1 Like

I do think so also, but what I mentioned is a good way to start with it I think