The vehicle squad that was added this time leaves a lot to be desired

I had imagined that the vehicle squad newly added to the game would flank around the combat zone to ambush the enemy, but the reality left me quite disappointed—it turned out to be far too vulnerable to the enemy infantry I encountered while flanking in the same way.

Still, the points consumed when the squad is eliminated are relatively low, and it’s much better than the existing motorcycle squad, so that’s a relief.

I’ll keep studying how to make the best use of the newly released vehicle squad. However, I somewhat doubt whether it’s actually more valuable than the existing squads.

so…

Are you all enjoying using it?

2 Likes

“Some maps are better than others, but overall I’m enjoying it.”

1 Like

I don’t like how limited the vertical tilt angle is, especially on the Japanese car.

3 Likes

Their fun squads but the could do with some more soldiers and a vertical aim buff, and make the brakes less sensitive. I see a lot more potential in them than sidecars because the handle well aside form the slightly too aggressive braking… Premium squads drivers eat up a specialist slot which stinks so change that and they’d be better off, people have also mentioned that it’s a problem with premium bike squads too.

1 Like

That’s the Debbie downer in my eyes, and why I will stick only to the tech tree ones. I’m not paying for three dude squads, especially since 2/3 of our ai bots will commit suicide, which in reality makes them one usable soldier squads. :sweat_smile:

Of course, I guess like with Tanks and planes, they won’t commit suicide if you leave them in the vehicle. :wink:

1 Like

Holding out till they get more troops is smart, I had the Jeep hype though still like it but they could all be better.

1 Like

It obviously isn’t. Both bike and car squads are just filler squads. They don’t play any meaningful role. They don’t counter anything. And they aren’t the best at anything.

You can flank faster and more effectively with a standard assaulter squad, especially if it spawns at an existing rally point or APC. And even if it doesn’t, you’ll have more engineers and more soldiers overall. With no loud engine, and no way for enemies to mark you.
You can’t really think about flanking anyone effectively when there’s a marker that every enemy can see stuck on you instantly. And you can never even tell if you are marked or not. All it takes is for one random pilot to spam marking button with no effort.

There are simply so many downsides to bikes and cars that they’ll never be viable. They’ll always serve only as a fun change of pace for less serious games.

Nowadays, paras are kinda mid. But they’re still superior to cars/bikes. They do basically the same thing. But better. And in more fun way.
That’s why some of biker/car enthusiasts do not want them to ever become TT. Namely the very loud one.

I haven’t played them yet and honestly I don’t think I will ever play them, except for the event italian car with 5 crew members.

Having 3 dudes and a car feels just as bad as 3 dudes and a bike.

They are a novelty so obviously people will try them, but I doubt we will see much of these in a month.

I would love to be proven wrong though.

A couple years ago I had several requests for the Dev’s to add Jeeps, so I was excited when I saw that they were…then quickly disappointed when I saw they would only have three soldiers. So, we ask, we receive, but it’s rarely what we asked for. :rofl:

I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the movie “Bedazzled”? It was a loser guy (Brendan Frazier) who sold his soul to the Devil (Elizabeth Hurly) for seven wishes. She grants his wishes, but always adds a side catch to them to fk them up. This reminds me of the Enlisted Dev’s. When they give us what we want, they find a way to fk it up. :rofl:
image

2 Likes