I played this game with a new friend during the last marathon event.
But he gave up completely after less than 5 hours because he was forced to use a useless newbie squad against fully equipped level 2 players, and his teammates even lost in kills to a newbie who had only played two games.
Meanwhile, I’ve persevered until now because of my two marathon squads that are just gathering dust in the warehouse and the battle pass I bought on a whim.
I can only say that a year can make you forget a lot, but a month or so of terrible experience can make you remember these things and gain even more terrible experiences.
Terrible infantry: Severely allergic to enemy vehicles and self-built respawn points, and only knows how to move in a straight line or concentrate all the rendezvous points in front of them to give the enemy the best harvesting experience.
Terrible drivers ( Wasting a lot of time on vehicles without earning points commensurate with the time spent, or not even knowing how to aim correctly or use smoke grenades.
Forced Ads: Every time I open the game, I see forced ads filled with trash squads the first time I press queue.
Even worse: Lotteries. Adding more trash vehicles and useless soldiers. Now I know why they only added one vehicle to each battle pass instead of two camouflages.
More ridiculous buffs and unreasonable nerfs. For example, the problem with flamethrowers has never been running, but the excessively long time it takes to ignite and kill enemies. Making flamethrower soldiers run around like idiots and only kill 2 or 3 people? Why not just use submachine guns? At least there are more of them and they don’t give enemies time to react when firing.
105mm The Sherman is just a Sherman with 1mm more turret armor.
Any long-barreled .50mm or short-barreled .75mm gun that has practiced in the training grounds can destroy the Sherman.
Not to mention, to every faction’s Tier 2 infantry anti-tank launchers, it’s practically a piece of cake.
I really can’t think of any reason why, in the current environment where other factions have Tier 2 or 3 anti-infantry tanks, such an anti-infantry tank that has no advantage against Tier 5 should be placed at Tier 4.
Now it has to use a gun barrel that wobbles like a tracked vehicle stuck on rails in 2025 to fight the Tiger II.
After losing its excellent Tier 2 submachine guns, Japan can now almost only fight against Soviet players using PP series rifles in infantry combat.
And then there are the automatic rifles. The biggest joke of the year: after almost everything that could fire non-bullet ammunition was destroyed in the first three years, now it’s the automatic rifle’s turn.
The destroyed content wasn’t repaired at all. The communications bomber just poisoned teammates and gave points to the enemy (anyone who’s observed the blast radius knows what I’m talking about). Landmines that couldn’t kill enemies. Grenade launchers with near-zero usage, and various non-explosive packs and Molotov cocktails. And then there are anti-aircraft guns/machine gun sandbags/shovels, and so many more—too many to list in a short time.
I seriously doubt how many players you’ll still be willing to pay for this game, given your constant over-nerfing due to complaints and your scarcity marketing tactics. After all, the number of Steam players is at least a third less than last year.
But that doesn’t matter anymore. Because I deleted the game again. Not for any other reason than your terrible marketing logic and the fact that you’re always creating games for players who don’t even know how to use the tools and terrain, making the game monotonous and boring.