Honestly I was very anti box then realized not out of the realm of fair monetization. By and large people seemed really happy about their returns. I got a couple myself and there were 3 squads, all low level minus the Japanese AT with the samurai armor but a decent return. You think about the cost of going out to eat 30+$ I think the long term enjoyment of a few game assets might off set it. It was not just Enlisted that updated today the Witcher 3 did as well. Minecraft even announced something too. A good gaming day.
My counterpoint would be that The Witcher 3, a 10/10 game on Steam, and widely regarded as one of the best games of all time, The Whole Game is currently priced at about 1/2 of one (1) enlisted premium squad. So while spending $20 on gold boxes might actually get you 2 squads if you’re lucky, $10 per squad is still WAY overpriced, and not even a guarantee with boxes. You could get 3 shirts for a faction you don’t play instead.
Fact that one of the forum moderators has to come in to multiple threads and say “hey guys…gambling is gambling, remember…” Kind of speaks volumes.
Still I was against it, the cosmetics costing $ are my main problem and how much they cost same for sandbags and bushes. I can understand some people might be excited over weapons or squads but not two pairs of pants, and if we are going to compare price of stuff here vs other games eg tf2 you can get pretty silly like a gold pan or have fun with more humble wares if you choose but as you say a whole game vs a squad is silly but here we are. Only thing I will say is that something like FNV after 800 hours its a bit of a stuck record (to be expected I know).
the rng for once blessed me.
i managed to get the two missing squads that i didn’t grinded for 200k.
the chinese soviet smg squad,
and the japanese AR engineers.
rest was more or less skins for vehicles that i don’t use.
and weapons that i kinda don’t care about.
I think anytime you get a squad it feels like a gift. At 1% 500k per squad was going to be an expensive hill to climb. I got 3 spending 600k all low tier but at least one of them was the Japan 9 man BR1 squad. It fits with the 1 and 5 I play for Japan. I know the Soviet squad you are talking about are they the ones with the swords? I really wish someone would create a player app for squads and inventory. I have so many event weapons and vehicles I do not know where it all is. I thought I had 8 condors only to find 2 more hiding in of the many squads I filled out. Germany is one of few factions you can have 5 BRs pre set. I have 4 but its a lot of sweet loot spread thin. The swatzs, condors, swords and other cool items.
i spent 15k got isu 152.
spent 5k in previous update got paratroopers for usa.
first ever chest got tiger from bp.
am i lucky?