P39Q-5 Maneuverability Based on Fuel Settings

The P-39Q-5 is already a difficult plane to handle during turns. Therefore, reducing the fuel load to make it lighter might actually make it unstable and even harder to control.

I noticed this when I set the fuel to 30%; it became unresponsive during turns and I ended up crashing. At that time, the plane had gained speed after a bombing run, and I was turning to head back to the resupply point. Also, the flaps were not deployed.

In a subsequent match, it worked fine when the fuel was set to 100%. (This is just based on my personal feeling, so I might be wrong.) I would love to hear what other pilots think about this!

2 Likes

Honestly I am not even sure its working. What is the same setting as default prior to the weird idea? What does 30 and 50% get you? I went with 30 its more agile.

1 Like

I agree that it could be strong once you get used to it at 30%. However, beginners might want to be careful when the speed exceeds 500 km/h, because the nose tends to pitch up automatically.

1 Like

They didnt even fix it yet from assulter bomber to fighter. Not sure what devs are waiting on but maybe get that fixed. I like the turn rate though.

Im pretty good with it but im also one of the best pilots om the game

I’ve noticed that the plane handles poorly, especially when trying to bank for a turn; at least in my case (on PS5), the plane tends to lose lift and pitch up while turning, which reduces turning precision and wastes time. It’s not a huge issue, but in the heat of combat, a very tight turn can force the plane into a full loop, potentially causing it to crash into the ground.

Same on pc

1 Like