Missed opportunities with digging/entrenching

So I JUST remembered one can dig holes on most places with the spade. After testing a little bit, a crouched soldier digging a trench is pretty much invisible; you could dig a trench across a street that is heavily guarded, and you would be safe unless they get close.

So how and when do yall dig? Is this a feature that sees heavy use but that I’ve been oblivious to for the past 800 battles? How do I use it better?

1 Like

I mostly only use it to dig rally point holes on open maps. I’m not brave enough to dig trenches near the battlefront, plus you don’t get any points for it. Setting up sandbags on the way to the point for cover-to-cover movement for me works ok. Engineers with extra crawl speed are especially good at this (i think it’s engi 1?)

1 Like

Way too slow to be useful in the main game, some mods buffed the radius of the earth removed by the shovel and it makes it a genuine intrenching tool. I have dug 200-300 meter trenches and dropped rally and bunkers along the way.

i mostly dig as sabotage, mainly focusing on places tanks usually passes, its what i most use shovels for, or just digging small trenches in defense points, basically that.

I have shovel with every of my engs. It’s mostly to dig up hole fore rally.

Digging is slow, but you can use it in defence, dig a big hole to hide your bots or make short trench for your team to go from rally to objective.