Make the Home guard Lewis gun a little more accurate

Is it just me or does the Home guard Lewis gun have less than accuracy than the other br4 mg’s? Especially when you compare it to the mg42’s, and the Russian DT-29 and tkb-264-42?

2 Likes

It and the Lewis 303 have pretty miserable dispersion best used prone which isn’t ideal for combat.

1 Like

The BR4 Lewis has the same dispersion has the MG-42 and only slightly worse than DT. However it also has much more ammo per mag.

Regarding the TKB, that gun is a bit overtuned imo and in fact closer to the RD44 than any other MG in terms of accuracy.

I’d figure an mg with a slower rpm would be more accurate but yeah.

While the base dispersion is similar the penalties for moving with for both guns are way diffrent.
While the mg 42 get heaviely penalised for moving the lewis somehow gets away with BAR levels of penalties instead.
From the resource:
Movement spread increase:
(Not entirely sure if those are flat additions or a multipliers but less is better)

While Aiming: MG 42 has 15; The Lewis has only 9 (which somehow is even less than the actual BARs have here)
While Hipfire: MG 42 has 45; The Lewis has only 25.

So while the dispersion isnt great by itself it should perform suprisingly well while on the move still.

I haven’t used it yet, but it’s something I suspected.

I’ll try to give the moving and shooting aspect another go. However it’s still something about the mg42’s stats that make it easier to kill with it and makes the dispersion more manageable than then HG Lewis gun’s dispersion.

If they make the shot dispersion on the HG Lewis gun more predictable but lower its Base RPM to 550 (605 when upgraded), then I’m sure it’d be more fun to use.