Those players are mostly bad players that don’t have much experience.
Maybe some better tutorial.
I don’t really understand such behavior, I mean rally point literally saves time.
Those players are mostly bad players that don’t have much experience.
Maybe some better tutorial.
I don’t really understand such behavior, I mean rally point literally saves time.
After that whole rage bait was avoided, I do in fact use engineer squads and I put rallies down every match, same with ammo and sand bags, often as the ONLY person on the team doing so as my teammates are avoiding engineers like the plague. Sounds like the issue was with noobs and not me, I do my part thank you so there is no need to attempt to rage bait me.
PLayers like you maybe. Doesn’t discourage me. Now i have a couple of hammers that reduce building time by 10%. And i use the perk points to increase building speed. Max stats for building speed and a good hammer. 5 SECONDS DOWN TO 4. Woooohooooo. Just build the rallies pal. Stop whining about things that dont need whining about. The AI run into the wire i lay. Whats that? They are no good at firefights but run into them. Plus it was only recently you could burn cover. Why does it all take so long? Because they are talking about whether or not they should reduce the small amount of time to build a rally, into instantly building them. Catering for the rush and die players.
No, building rallypoints instantly might waste resources when you realize there might be a better spot just seconds later, I as a engineer tends to build rallies.
Agreed, especially on the new-player point. Most new players either haven’t unlocked the engineer or have no idea how rally points work — they just want to jump in and shoot, and winning is the last thing on their mind. That’s fair, because the starting tutorial teaches them basically nothing about how the game is actually played
Two things would help: first, a proper tutorial that actually teaches players why engineers matter; and second, moving the engineer squad earlier in the tech tree so new players have something useful to do right away. Swinging a hammer a few times and seeing your team’s win chance jump is the kind of instant reward that hooks people.
and yes, rally point construction is painfully slow. It genuinely hurts the pace of matches. Even a decent speed bump would make a big difference
As for the construction speed itself — I do think the OP “instant build” idea is a bit too much. Rally points are supposed to carry some risk when you place them, and removing that entirely would throw off the flow in the opposite direction. A solid reduction in build time, though? absolutely
Agree. I think even 80% of current time would be enough. I get that there is supposed to be a conscious tradeoff between build speed perks and other (killier) perks, but only people already stoked about engineers take those perks. The people we need to convince to use engis don’t, and so the problem continues.
20% time rally build reduction I think would go a long way (no reduction for other builds).
Also for the tutorials, they’re irrelevant. They tell you how to do things with an engineer, but they don’t tell you WHY.
It’s great that we have tutorials for “how to build,” “how to plane,” “how to greyzone,” but there really should be a tutorial of “this is a typical example of how a match flows, and these are the strengths/weaknesses/purposes/uses of each squad type” (broadly speaking).
Also, 100% Engineer should be a default squad for new players, replacing the sniper squad.