Engineer Vehicles

  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Engineers are only used for building rally points and the occasional MG. This is because their weaponry isnt great and their perk points are used up on engineering ability. Give the engineer teams transport that can be parked anywhere on the battlefield. These vehicles can be used to travel AND replenish much needed materials AND structures. All too often I am the only engineer on point when defending and even if I do have enough time to lay all of the structures, it just isnt enough to secure the point. In all the games I have played I can count on one hand when I have not been the only engineer securing a point. These trucks can also have grenade crates on the front like the off-road vehicles…and even more because the trucks are larger. There is very little incentive for playing the engineer teams so Gaijin should create the incentive.

P.S. Having more barbed wire will be a bigger problem for enemy engineers on the offensive, so they will be equipped with Bangalore torpedoes to clear more than one wire at a time.

4 Likes

I mostly use engineers as mobile ammo support, anti air, rally point for all sides and gamemodes, but when defending a point/points as a special operative, but I will say the idea is interesting, do you have any ideas for what vehicles could be used for this purpose you proposed?

2 Likes

I would agree if it wasnt because the maps are small and most times is better to just walk with a katana since it makes you run even faster than half tanks for some stupid reason

But lucky to you there is a game mod called “big action moskow” where you have that hability to ramdomly spawn Apcs and unlike the public matches it surprisely works and so fucking good specially since the smallest distance and im no kidding is 150m-200m on the best case now imagine the average and having those cars really help

On any case im giving an upvote since if developers copy and paste assets maybe just maybe one day we would have big maps

4 Likes

conditional open vehicle, no turret no miny tank

1 Like

Saving a history of innovation and ingenuity > Engineer Research and Development Center > News Stories

Studebaker and the rest of the WWII story - Militarytrader
US
SC 199056-S - U.S. Army combat engineers of 102nd… — PICRYL - Public Domain Media Search Engine
German
Voroshilovets Tractor USSR :: Behance
USSR
The Su-Ki amphibious truck was produced by Toyota Motor Co. for the Japanese military in WWII. Between 1943 and 1944 only 198 were built; today only one rusted hulk survives on the

2 Likes

I do agree with a vehicle for engineers, but they need bigger maps so these vehicles can be far more useful

2 Likes

Thank you for your post, myself and others have made similar posts previously.

I gave a list of vehicles before and also that these should be able to tow and therefore move around AT and AA guns.

Chevrolet Blitz or other Canadian Military Pattern truck (these were manufactured in Canada but used by the UK and all Commonwealth countries, not just Canada itself)

I had suggestions for the other nations but dont recall at present.

It took 6 years to get jeeps in the tech trees so Il probably be retired by the time they add engineer vehicles :frowning:

1 Like

Thats just the UK. Many other vehicles available for all factions.

The range of vehicles include ‘dozer tanks, armoured recovery vehicles (ARVs), beach armoured recovery vehicles (BARVs), armoured engineers’ vehicles (AVREs), bridgelayers (AVLBs) and armoured ramp carriers (ARKs), and various types of mine-clearance vehicles.
The Befehlspanzer Panther was a late war example in which ammunition space was sacrificed in favor of radio gear (this could be used for wire and sandbags.)