Does Enlisted Really Rebuild Shaders Every Time I Launch? Severe Stuttering + DX12 Won't Start

Hi everyone,

I’m having two pretty frustrating issues with Enlisted, and I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

The first and biggest problem is the shader cache.

Every time I launch the game, it seems like the shader cache has to be built again from scratch. Because of this, the game is extremely stuttery and laggy when I first start playing. After a few matches, it gradually becomes smooth and the stuttering mostly goes away.

The problem is that if I completely close the game and launch it again later, the same thing happens all over again. The shaders seem to be rebuilt every single time I launch the game.

So basically:

Launch game → heavy stuttering / FPS drops → play several matches → game becomes smooth → close the game → launch again → shaders rebuild again → heavy stuttering again.

This has become really frustrating, especially because I have to go through several matches every time just to get the game running smoothly.

I’m using an RTX 3060. In the NVIDIA App, I have Shader Cache Size set to Unlimited. I’ve also tried clearing the shader caches multiple times and reinstalling the NVIDIA driver from scratch, but unfortunately none of that fixed the problem.

The second problem is with DX12.

Since the recent update that introduced/prepared the new DX12 changes, I can’t even launch the game in DX12 anymore.

I select DX12, press the login/play button, and then I get the loading screen with the clouds, but it just keeps loading indefinitely and never actually enters the game.

DX11 works, although I still have the shader cache problem described above.

Could this be a bug with shader cache persistence, or perhaps something related to the game/engine rather than the NVIDIA driver?

I’d really appreciate it if the developers could look into these issues, especially the shader cache being rebuilt on every launch. Having to play several laggy matches every time I start the game is getting really tiring.

And if anyone else has experienced the same problems, especially with an RTX 3060 or other NVIDIA GPUs, I’d really appreciate hearing about it.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or possible fixes I could try, please let me know.

Thanks!

same happened to me, but, just whait and play game 1-2 hours, after that my game tooks short time to start (SSD NVME)